Item for Sale
Carl Zeiss Jena 300mm f4 Sonnar M42

Asking Price
395 USD

Item Location
British Columbia (Canada)

Item Description
ONE OF THE BEST 300MM TELEPHOTOS MADE - HARD TO BEAT A CARL ZEISS LENS

This lens is relatively new, probably made in 1999. It has an Auto/Manual switch.

The lens is in excellent+ condition with 2 minor defects, neither of which affects the IQ or any other part of its performance: There are 2 very small nicks in the edge of the (fiberglass?) hood (one can be seen in a photo, the other cannot be seen properly in the photo but is similar). The other minor defect is in the interior of the lens that appears to be an air bubble. I am not an expert on this and so cannot make a definitive statement. I have used the lens and found no trace of it showing on the photos taken under any conditions I have tried.

The lens has the original Contax mount fitted with a custom M42 adapter. I have added a K-mount adapter which focuses to infinity. The lens works very well on Aperture priority with my K-5.

The lens has a tripod mount collar, original hood and caps that fit M42 and the hood. The hood screws on and off very easily, but I have always left it on which eliminates unwanted light pollution. With hoood on, it also fits the optional APE case.

The lens is in excellent+ condition showing very minimal signs of wear. It has great IQ. Unfortunately I have found that it is not the lens for me - I'm not a wildlife and telephoto guy and now it sits at home all the time.

I will most definitely consider trades, including trades that are not for equal value and would require a cash addition from one of the parties. I would consider any Pentax or quality Pentax-compatible lenses, or what-have-you. Older screwmount lenses OK too. A PM will always be answered.

I ALSO HAVE FOR IT a new padded APE case that is right one to carry and protect this lens. I thought if I bought a case that I can sling over my shoulder I would use it more. But the case never left the house, so it is in totally new condition. IT IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE FOR THE LENS, but I will sell it for and additional $45 (or make me an offer) and ship it free with the lens. The case came from Adorama this past summer.

The case specs are:

Designed To Hold Most Modern 300-2.8 Lenses
Fully Padded And Features An Extra, Removable Interior Base Pad For Even More Protection
Uniquely Designed Belt/Loop Attachment System That Has A Standard-Type Sewn-In 3.5" Loop For Belt Attachment, Plus A Stiff Hinged Velcro Strap
Can Be Carried With The Supplied Shoulder Strap Or By Hand With Top Loop Handle
Lid System Allows For Secure Closure, Quick And Easy Access With It'S Dual Joined Zippers And Adjustable Quick Release Clasp
Interior: 6" W X 14 1/2" H X 5" D

PM ME IF YOU NEED MORE INFORMATION OR ADDITIONAL PHOTOS. I'LL DO MY BEST TO SATISFY YOU.

Payment by Paypal only.

I will ship worldwide by Canada Post or any other service (additional cost will probably be involved) the buyer selects. Please contact me for costs if the cost of shipping is not shown for your location or if you think it is incorrect. Shipments will be made by air parcel whenever possible and the service is available.

I will consider returns only if the listing is significantly and materially incorrect. The description and photos in this listing are true and to the best of my knowledge accurate. I MUST be contacted and my approval received before returns will be accepted or refund offered. Items sent back to me without my OK in writing will be held for 14 days, then relisted for sale on a site and in a manner of my choosing. If a sale takes place, the original buyer who returned the item to me without prior permission from me will receive 25% of the net proceeds, after all my expenses including any shipping costs. Alternatively the original buyer can choose to accept a reduced refund, minimum reduction my shipping cost + 25% of the item sales value.

BUYERS OUTSIDE OF NORTH AMERICA PLEASE NOTE THAT I WILL NOT ACCEPT RETURNS FROM OVERSEAS UNDER ANY CONDITIONS. CONSIDER THAT YOU BOUGHT AN "AS IS" ITEM. I HAVE TO MAINTAIN THIS POLICY BECAUSE OF TWO RECENT INSTANCES WHERE I HAVE BEEN TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF AND LOST MONEY TO OVERSEAS "BUYERS".

I have a 100% feedback rating on eBay under **www.321sys.com**. I don't know what if any feedback rating I have on Pentax Forums.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling or Trading

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
35 in North America

Shipping Services
Canada Post

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
I will accept returns only if pre-approved and the item is not the one listed. More information in text.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images

View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo   
11-05-2013, 12:59 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 11 (100%)
I have a 400mm

I own a 400mm lens like this one. It take fantastic pictures on my Pentax DSLR bodies. The only marginal drawback is weight but I Can handhold this lens!! I think this is due to the amount of light that it throws onto the sensor. I almost never use it wide open with f16 being about the minimum and many shots taken a f32. Highly recommended and for this price it is a steal!!!!!