Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-17-2013, 11:58 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 104 (98%)
Pentax-M* (STAR) 300mm f4 (multiple ED lens elements)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax-M* (STAR) 300mm f4 (multiple ED lens elements)

Asking Price
399 USD

Item Location
Kearney, NE (United States)

Item Description
Not offered often, this is a landmark lens in Pentax history: The first * (star-designated) lens. 3 of the front grouping of 4 are made of ED glass (but the marketing department had not yet caught onto using the "ED" designation in the lens names, as they later did). This is one of the highest rated lenses in the Pentax Forums review pages: SMC Pentax-M* 300mm F4 Reviews - M Prime Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database. Great for serious videographer's too: VG900 with SMC Pentax-M* 300mm F4 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

This was the smallest and lightest 300mm of its time and must be considered a "near-APO" design. You can often tell a really good lens by the evidence that it was used, not just staying in the camera bag. This lens shows its use on the body, and has one very tiny scratch in the coating, which I have drawn a line to in the photos. It has built-in slide-out lens hood, which shows the bulk of the wear. When you slide the hood out there is a small dent visible on the flared side of the lens (also shown in the photos). Glass is clear and the aperture blades snappy and clean.

Image quality?
Here are images taken with it that have been accepted in the Pentax Photo Gallery: PENTAX : Select a PENTAX interchangeable lens camera or a lens model and here are images produced by the optically identical A* version: PENTAX : Select a PENTAX interchangeable lens camera or a lens model. Now habout some
100% crop shots, at closest focus, from the A* version of the lens, which is the exact same optical design.
SMC Pentax-M* 300mm F4 Reviews - M Prime Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database

Dimitrov's K Page says this lens, made from M* 300/4 is available "once in several years". So here is a rare opportunity to snag one.

I hate to let this superb lens go, but I'm in need of a particular lens that forces me to sell a couple of my "beauties" in order to pay for it. LBA is a harsh mistress, but I do love her.

Will be happy to ship worldwide to Pentax Forum members with good Marketplace feedback. (No "new members" or 0 feedback please). Priced to sell quickly at $399 plus actual shipping.. PM me for a shipping quote to your location (serious only, please).

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
actual

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
No returns, but you won't want to. (I'm using the proceeds to immediately pay for another purchase).

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

---------- Post added 10-17-13 at 05:06 PM ----------

Two inquiries replied to.

10-17-2013, 06:33 PM   #2
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 21 (100%)
PM sent
10-17-2013, 08:16 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 104 (98%)
Original Poster
SOLD to the gentleman in Vancouver.