Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-24-2013, 02:11 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 104 (98%)
Scarce Spiratone 85mm f1.8 (aperture stuck wide open: DOF monster)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Scarce Spiratone 85mm f1.8 (aperture stuck wide open: DOF monster)

Asking Price
8900 USD

Item Location
Kearney, NE (United States)

Item Description
If you have been in the market for a fast 85mm but just couldn't quite swallow the prices that they bring... READ ON.

I have a philosophy that you may share... there are no bad lenses, just lenses USED badly.

Here is a great example. You may never see another one of these lenses, they are that scarce. I've got bad news and I've got good news. The bad news is that the aperture blades don't work. The lens is permanantly WIDE OPEN. The good news is, that's normally what you want an 85mm f1.8 FOR. It is quite possible that this is an easy repair, but I'm too chicken to crack the lens.

Here are some images I *just* took with this lens over my afternoon break here at the machine shop. They are all shot at ISO 1600. If you love the extremely shallow DOF and bokeh that you get with an 85mm f1.8 shot wide open, well you can have a LOT of fun with this one. This is an m42 lens. (More precisely, it is a Y/S lens (made by Sigma) that uses a sort of T-Mount system and it has the m42 y/s adapter on it. You will need an m42 to K adapter to use on your Pentax DSLR.

Click any of the following images to see larger:

Here are images of the lens. There are some big dust elements inside, but as you can see by the images above, they are "mind over matter" - If you don't mind, IT DON'T MATTER!

This lens is great fun and I'd love to keep it, but I'm trying to raise funds for lens I need more. I'll be happy to ship WORLDWIDE.
Priced to sell quick at $89 plus actual shipping.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Poor

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
actual

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
No returns

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

10-24-2013, 03:14 PM   #2

Feedback Score: 35 (100%)
Wow I had to look and see what lens was rare enough to command $8900 Look like a good one though. Wonder how hard it would be to fix?
10-24-2013, 03:42 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 104 (98%)
Original Poster
Oops. Either I need to fix that or explain that the selling price is a 99% discount!

---------- Post added 10-25-13 at 08:34 AM ----------

All PMs replied to. Still available!

---------- Post added 10-25-13 at 04:07 PM ----------

SOLD to the gentleman in Toronto.