Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-25-2013, 09:18 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 104 (98%)
"Stack o' Primes" Pentax-A 35-105mm f3.5 Macro (WORLDWIDE)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
"Stack o' Primes" Pentax-A 35-105mm f3.5 Macro (WORLDWIDE)

Asking Price
159 USD

Item Location
Kearney, NE (United States)

Item Description

This is, without a doubt, one of the greatest "bang-for-your-buck" genuine Pentax lenses you can find today. For less than the price of a single prime lens, you can own this lens that has been called a "STACK of primes". This is the handy Pentax-A (use easily in AV mode on your modern Pentax DSLR). It will provide the 35mm-equivalent field of view of a 52-158mm lens. It also has a handy "macro" mode for close focusing.

Here's your chance to add a highly respected "A" lens to your Pentax arsenal. While zooms are normally a compromise, Pentax engineered what many owners have called a "stack of primes" lens. In fact, there is a Flickr Group that is devoted to just this lens: The group is named "SMC Pentax-A
35-105mm f3.5 Zoom: The Stack of Primes".
They have 54 images in their pool:
Flickr: The SMC Pentax-A 35-105mm f3.5 Zoom: The Stack of Primes Pool It is especially well regarded for it's colors, rendering rich reds and blues - as well as for it's respectable "macro" function.
This is a manual focus, two stage zoom (focusing ring separate from zoom/macro ring).

Pentax Forums Review Page: Pentax-A 35-105mm F3.5 Review - Review - PentaxForums.com

Check out the 7 pages of images taken with this same model lens that were accepted into the Pentax Photo Gallery: PENTAX-A SMC 35-105mm f3.5 Macro and think of the images you may soon have there.

AND/OR
Check out 262 images taken with this lens on Flickriver: Flickriver: Photos taken with Pentax smc P-A 35-105mm F3.5 lens

Typical owner's comments:

QuoteQuote:
I have and use the A 35-105. It is a fantastic lens. Sharp as a tack, and very bright and contrasty. It is my favorite lens.
QuoteQuote:
I have one, and love it. It provides the versatility that you use a zoom lens for, without exacting a terrible cost in lost sharpness and contrast. Under most circumstances, I would be at a loss to tell which pictures I'd taken with my 35-105 and which I'd taken with my prime lenses.
QuoteQuote:
I'll add to all the praise for the A 35-105/3.5 lens. . . . optically it is just about as sharp as any prime.
Cosmetically this one shows some wear, mostly on the flared end of the lens body. Optically and mechanically it is wonderful.Under certain light, if you hold it just right, you can see 7 tiny specks of dust in the front group. I highly doubt that this affects image quality, but have priced it accordingly. If you have been wanting this lens, but are looking for a bargain then this one is your ticket.

Priced to sell quickly at $159 plus actual shipping.
I'll be happy to ship worldwide to Pentax Forum members with good marketplace feedback. PM me for a shipping quote to your location (serious only, please). In the U.S. Priority Mail shipping will be $10.

As I often have multiple items listed in Marketplace simultaneously, PLEASE SPECIFY WHICH ITEM YOU ARE INTERESTED IN PURCHASING when you PM.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
actual

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
No returns. (I'm immediately purchasing another item with the proceeds, but I pride myself on describing my items accurately.)

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

10-26-2013, 10:04 AM   #2

Feedback Score: 1 (67%)
PM sent
10-26-2013, 10:37 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
Great lens. Got mine sitting on my K10D right now. If you like to shoot in manual mode, with it's "A" setting, it's a good one to use. With a bigger camera like the K10D, I think it balances perfectly, so it would probably also work well with a smaller camera that has a grip.
10-27-2013, 12:24 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 104 (98%)
Original Poster
SOLD to the gentleman in Nova Scotia.