PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Tamron SP80-200mm f2.8 Manual focus Adaptall

Asking Price
200 USD

Item Location
Alaska (United States)

Item Description
This is a Tamron SP80-200mm f2.8 manual focus lens with a Pentax A Adaptall mount, the original box, case, end caps and lens shade. I used the lens professionally with a Pentax LX film camera. I have tested the lens recently with a Pentax K5 and it still functions well. The diaphragm ring has a prominent click at each stop, and the blade response is excellent. There are no rub marks nor fungus on either the front or rear elements. The lens has some dust between the elements, but I have not noticed any impact from this when working with film or the K5. The lens exhibits some zoom creep when held vertically. This was never an issue for me as I seldom used this lens point down, using my 100mm macro instead. I had my hand on the focus/zoom color when photographing animals, and so zoom creep was not an issue, then either.

Curiously, the lens case was not designed to hold the lens with the Adaptall mount and end cap. To keep the shipping price down, I'll remove the mount and place it in its original box and then put the lens in its case and box. I would also ship the lens with the mount on if you don't want the box and case. The instructions for installing the mount are included with the mount box.

Other pros always commented that my photographs with the Tamron 80-200 were as sharp as theirs with their Nikon 80-200 f 2.8 when we were all working with film. My photographs with this lens on the K5 are quite sharp. If you don't need auto focus, I think that this lens will serve you well.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
$20

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Do not accept a damaged box. Otherwise, no returns.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

10-29-2013, 09:32 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 70 (100%)
PM sent
10-29-2013, 09:51 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 181 (100%)
Some good soul needs to buy this lens. It is one of a kind. You can see how my copy works in my blog pages tagged with 30A. My copy doesn't have the original tripod ring and it makes this listing more wonderful sale not to be missed.

Cheers,
Hin
10-29-2013, 09:56 PM   #4
Closed Account

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
PM sent
Sold!

Last edited by brucemherman; 10-29-2013 at 10:29 PM.