Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-05-2013, 02:38 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 45 (100%)
DA* 50-135 Final Price

Selling

$625 - DA* 50-135mm f2.8

I think this is the final price reduction I can do on this lens. If it doesn't sell, guess I'll just have to keep it.

12/18/13 update: Now open to international buyers outside of North America. International buyers outside of North America will get a $20 USD credit towards shipping costs. I can estimate shipping costs to your location for you.

I've had some time to think about what I want to do with photography and where I want to go with it for the coming year, and after some hard deliberation, the following lenses do not make the cut.

All prices are in US dollars and include shipping and PayPal fees and insurance + tracking within North America. International buyers outside of North America will get a $20 USD credit towards shipping costs. I will not list this as a gift or skimp on the declared value for insurance purposes, so please keep that in mind if you are wary of potential duties incurred from this purchase. Prices are already low, so I would be more open to offers if multiple things are being purchased at once.

PayPal will be the method of money exchange. I will also accept email money transfers from Canadian buyers with established feedback on these forums. I am located in the Vancouver area of BC, Canada, so if you're in the area I would not mind meeting up locally and doing a cash exchange.

No returns, so read descriptions carefully and please ask any and all questions before pulling the trigger, but if you have an issue with a lens that you have received, message me and let's chat about it.

$149 - 01 Prime for Pentax Q SOLD
$415 - SMC DA 15mm f4 Ltd. SOLD
$135 - DA 35mm f2.4 SOLD
$299 - SMC DA 70 f2.4 Ltd. SOLD

$625 – DA* 50-135 f2.8

Purchased through the local Craigslist listings at the beginning of this past summer. This has been a rockstar performer for me, and I have no hesitation in saying that this is one of the finest Pentax zooms ever produced. I simply don’t like lugging it around and thus I don’t use it enough to justify having it sit on my shelf for weeks at a time.
The previous owner was a wedding photographer who used it quite heavily for a year. I’m not a wedding photographer, but I’ve used it for several events and outings, and I’ve even taken it on a couple of overnight hikes! Not once did I ever see any signs or indications of SDM failure.
The body has no significant dings or scratches. The mount shows signs of wear, particularly around the SDM contact area, and the lens hood snaps on a little loosely from being taken on and off so many times (it still stays securely on though), but neither of those issues affect the optical performance of the lens, which is excellent.
The glass is free of fungus, haze, or scratches, and has minimal dusts inside that do not affect the quality of images produced by this lens. No focus adjustment was needed for this lens on my body.
Comes with front cap, back cap, lens hood, and pouch.
Pictures

$149 - 01 Prime for Pentax Q SOLD

Bought it new from Amazon. It's a fine lens, I have just decided to use my Q for the fisheye only.
Excellent condition. There are no scratches or fungus or haze on the glass. There are minimal dusts inside that do not affect the picture quality of the lens.
Comes with front and back caps, JJC third party metal hood with screw-in cap, and box.
Picture

$415 - SMC DA 15 f4 Ltd. SOLD

Bought from the original owner through a local Craigslist sale last year. it's been a solid performer for me and I don't want to see this go, but alas I have a few lenses that fall into this range, so something has to give.
The body shows signs of wear on the treads of the screw-in cap, focus ring, and body. In addition, the body has some scuffs on the right side (pictured) caused by the previous owner (said it fell out of its pouch while in his bag and rubbed against his tripod for a while). Nonetheless the glass is excellent. No scratches, haze, or fungus, and minimal dusts inside that do not affect the picture quality.
Comes with metal screw cap, back cap, pouch, box, and papers.
Pictures

$135 – DA 35 2.4 SOLD

This was bought new by me at the end of this past summer from a local store for a recent trip. I just don’t like the 35mm range on APSC, but it’s a fine lens otherwise.
I used a Sharpie to black out the text and the “Pentax DA” badge on the side of the lens, as well as the green ring. This was to make it “stealthy” for street shooting (entirely unnecessary btw). The Sharpie is wearing off naturally on its own, and I presume over time or with some focused cleaning using a gentle cleaning solution, it can easily come off. The Sharpie on the green ring receives virtually no contact and thus is not wearing off, but I presume that you can use something to reach into that space and clean it off in the same manner.
Obviously none of this affects the glass of the lens, which is in excellent condition. It is free from scratches, haze, and fungus, and has minimal dusts inside that do not affect the image quality. The lens needed no focus adjustment on my body.
Comes with front and back cap, box, and papers.
Pictures

$299 – SMC DA 70 2.4 Ltd. SOLD

Purchased from a fellow member this past April through these forums.
It was going to be my portrait/event lens, but shortly after I acquired this, I was able to snag a DA* 50-135 through the local Craigslist listings for a good price. I did use it a few times to give it some action, and it performed quite well, but in the end the DA 70 got squeezed out by the competition.
The lens has some cosmetic wear on the focus ring tread, as well as some slight wear on the edges of the front cap. It also has two other issues related to the body of the lens:
- The barrel has some slight wobble. It is nothing major, and threads on the subject and entries in the serial # database for this lens seem to indicate that this is normal with more than a few copies. But it is noticeable, so I must mention it so there are no surprises for the buyer.
- The mount was a little tight when I received it.
I sent the lens in to a local repair shop at my expense to have a look at both issues. The lens mount is now fine and fits just like any other lens on my body. The slight wobble is still there because there was nothing ever wrong about that in the first place.
Despite those issues with the exterior the lens is a solid optical performer. The glass has no scratches, fungus, or haze, and there are minimal dusts inside that do not affect the picture quality of the lens. The lens needed no focus adjustment on my body.
It comes with the front cap, screw-on lens hood, back cap, and box and papers.
It has provided me with excellent results, but I have lowered the price of this lens as a reflection of its history.
Pictures

Thanks for looking! Any questions? Post in this thread or send me a PM! ^_^

Attached Images

Last edited by EarlVonTapia; 12-18-2013 at 05:47 PM.
12-05-2013, 03:59 PM   #2

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
Wow! They're the lenses that didn't make the cut? Wish I could grab a couple. I'm sure they'll dissapear before you know it (and hopefully before I convince myself I could find the money somewhere).

Last edited by Tom S.; 12-05-2013 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Price comment removed
12-06-2013, 01:08 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Brisboy Quote
Wow! They're the lenses that didn't make the cut? Wish I could grab a couple. I'm sure they'll dissapear before you know it (and hopefully before I convince myself I could find the money somewhere).
Haha, yeah I'm going to focus more on the post-processing side of things for the next little while. Some of the funds generated here will go towards purchasing some new software and a nice tablet for some field work. Only so much room for toys.

01 Prime sold

DA 15 sold

DA 70 sold

Last edited by EarlVonTapia; 12-06-2013 at 02:15 PM.
12-09-2013, 04:51 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
BuMP!

12-11-2013, 01:22 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Bump!

DA 35 2.4 Sold

Price drop on DA* 50-135
12-15-2013, 01:44 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
BUMP to the top!

Last edited by EarlVonTapia; 12-17-2013 at 02:37 AM.
12-17-2013, 04:44 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Bump!

12-17-2013, 05:59 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 148 (99%)
Bump for a great seller. Bought the 01 lens and am very happy.
12-18-2013, 05:46 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by grahame Quote
Bump for a great seller. Bought the 01 lens and am very happy.
Thank you kindly! You were a great buyer and a pleasure to deal with.

Final bump.

Final price reduction. If it doesn't sell at this price, guess I'll just have to keep this perfectly fine, amazing rockstar of a lens.

Now open to international buyers outside of North America. International buyers outside of North America will get a $20 USD credit towards shipping costs. I can estimate shipping costs to your location.
12-19-2013, 08:42 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 10 (100%)
Bump for a great seller.
12-21-2013, 01:55 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank you kindly gents.

BUMP!
12-27-2013, 01:43 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Bumpsies!
12-27-2013, 01:26 PM   #13

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
You have a PM
12-27-2013, 02:30 PM   #14

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Going to PM you now regarding this, very interested!
12-27-2013, 05:17 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Lens on hold pending payment.

EDIT: Sold! That's all folks.

Last edited by EarlVonTapia; 12-28-2013 at 11:29 AM.