PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax-A 100mm f/2.8

Asking Price
240.00 USD

Item Location
Denver (United States)

Item Description
Pentax-A 100mm f/2.8 $240 + $15 shipping/insurance to U.S. destinations. (Inquire about international, but it will be significantly more.)

This is NOT the 100/2.8 macro. This is the plain 100/2.8, 'A' version. One of the best of the A-series manual-focus lenses. I think optically the same as the M version (correct me if I'm wrong), but with the 'A' setting you don't need to use green-button in manual mode, and you get multi-segment metering, can use all camera modes, easy flash exposures, etc.

This lens is deservingly highly-regarded. Just a great lens. Read the reviews:

SMC Pentax-A 100mm F2.8 Reviews - A Prime Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database

Condition-wise, it does have some cosmetic marks and brassing, but it is metal construction and tough so purely cosmetic. (That white circle below the aperture ring almost looks marked on purpose -- not sure if it has lost paint or that is external paint put on.) No dents, filter-ring is fine. Focus ring is good. The built-in hood doesn't slide in and out as smoothly as it ought to (but it still does slide in and out pretty well) and it a bit marked up on the inner hood (but still black) -- I think it had some grit in there for a while. I had Eric CLA this lens since the body and aperture ring was fairly dirty when I got it. The glass, however, is flawless. No internal dust to speak of (Eric cleaned that too). Aperture works perfectly, focus smooth and uniform.

Comes with "Minolta" front cap and generic rear cap as shown. I don't have a proper Pentax cap for it, but I like the Minolta pinch-cap because it doesn't get in the way of the hood.

Asking $240 + $15 shipping to U.S. Payment via PayPal (I pay fees) and delivery is to be to your PayPal verified address only! International destinations or other arrangements possible if you have good forum feedback and I get good vibes. Just inquire -- shipping will be significantly more for outside U.S.. Denver locals are welcome to inspect lens in-person and pay cash (and avoid shipping charge). PM me if interested or have questions!

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
15 to USA

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Will accept return if not as stated. Please notify within 3 days of delivery.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images

12-09-2013, 04:51 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 80 (100%)
PM sent
12-09-2013, 05:07 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 70 (100%)
Original Poster
Sold!

Last edited by vonBaloney; 12-09-2013 at 05:25 PM.