Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-11-2013, 03:03 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
Ledo, i believe that your friend is a very good photographer... Perhaps he masters the art of spray and pray, i dunno... No harm in doing that and there are awesome photogs out there who adopts that style and produces excellent photos.

But on the other hand, there is another kind of wedding photogs, which mostly seem to be pegged to those who have been in the line longer; they are the kind who knows how to anticipate...

Sooner or later, or rather i will suggest that you immediately start walking the path of the anticipator than the gunner method. Why? Because you will soon enough end up as the anticipator.
Hey, there's a reason why photogs THINK before they shoot right?

Give it a try... Read Barbarosa and LFLee post again...

12-11-2013, 03:49 AM   #17

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Cool collection.

My wed combo was K5 + DA*50-135 + FA31 (yep, both lenses are slow AF lenses, but in the end it's all about knowing your gear . You can cover 90% of situations with these.

Edit:

P.S. of course, there was DA*16-50 and FA 77 in the bag I wish to see there Sigma 18-35 f1.8 which is still unavailable for K mount

Last edited by kavolis; 12-11-2013 at 04:02 AM.
12-11-2013, 04:43 PM   #18

Feedback Score: 16 (100%)
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kavolis Quote
Cool collection.

My wed combo was K5 + DA*50-135 + FA31 (yep, both lenses are slow AF lenses, but in the end it's all about knowing your gear . You can cover 90% of situations with these.

Edit:

P.S. of course, there was DA*16-50 and FA 77 in the bag I wish to see there Sigma 18-35 f1.8 which is still unavailable for K mount
QuoteOriginally posted by SyncGuy Quote
Ledo, i believe that your friend is a very good photographer... Perhaps he masters the art of spray and pray, i dunno... No harm in doing that and there are awesome photogs out there who adopts that style and produces excellent photos.

But on the other hand, there is another kind of wedding photogs, which mostly seem to be pegged to those who have been in the line longer; they are the kind who knows how to anticipate...

Sooner or later, or rather i will suggest that you immediately start walking the path of the anticipator than the gunner method. Why? Because you will soon enough end up as the anticipator.
Hey, there's a reason why photogs THINK before they shoot right?

Give it a try... Read Barbarosa and LFLee post again...

Thank you guys so much for your thought!!! After thinking for a while, I decide to keep these awesome Amigo for myself and sell the rest to afford K3 with DA*

Yeah I agree that at the end, the most important thing is knowing what we have and where we are

And I would regret if one day I realize that I really miss them then I cannot have them anymore
12-11-2013, 10:33 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by ledohung Quote
Thank you guys so much for your thought!!! After thinking for a while, I decide to keep these awesome Amigo for myself and sell the rest to afford K3 with DA*

Yeah I agree that at the end, the most important thing is knowing what we have and where we are

And I would regret if one day I realize that I really miss them then I cannot have them anymore
Awesome decision! You are right! Sell off the A85/1.4 as the FA77/1.8 is basically the same lens, only smaller in size.

I would suggest you keep the Amigos and the Voigt 180/4 only. Just LOOK at the sample image you've made with the Voigt.. Sooner or later, you will have to do post/pre- wedding portraits! Think about it..

Sell the rest off and it should be enough for a K3, with the DA16-50.. Lay off the DA50-135 to a later time and utilise the FA77 first.. I've shot events a few times and a wider zoom is much more needed as compared to a tele zoom.

12-12-2013, 03:30 AM   #20
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 12 (100%)
I decide to keep these awesome Amigo for myself
Congrats. Good you did not convinced me to buy those yet
12-12-2013, 11:08 AM   #21

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SyncGuy Quote
Awesome decision! You are right! Sell off the A85/1.4 as the FA77/1.8 is basically the same lens, only smaller in size.

I would suggest you keep the Amigos and the Voigt 180/4 only. Just LOOK at the sample image you've made with the Voigt.. Sooner or later, you will have to do post/pre- wedding portraits! Think about it..

Sell the rest off and it should be enough for a K3, with the DA16-50.. Lay off the DA50-135 to a later time and utilise the FA77 first.. I've shot events a few times and a wider zoom is much more needed as compared to a tele zoom.
Thanks for your compliment, yeah I think I made the right decision. I am gonna miss Voigt 180 so much due to its quality and weight. Very light, compact and excellent rendering without CA. I am still thinking about that if no one buy for few days, I would keep it and sell the rest. Actually I am trading A* 85 for another guy who has 16-50 and 50-135, he is very kind and we try as best as we can to trade soon. I agree with you that 16-50 is about 80-90% using in wedding because I used to use it before.

QuoteOriginally posted by kaipa Quote
Congrats. Good you did not convinced me to buy those yet
Thank you for giving me the best offer that I can have. Hope that you can find others soon
12-12-2013, 12:08 PM   #22

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
That filter brand name should be B+W. Not B&W or BMW. :-)
12-12-2013, 09:06 PM   #23

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Collinb Quote
That filter brand name should be B+W. Not B&W or BMW. :-)
Thank you for your comment, I am gonna edit it now

12-13-2013, 02:33 AM   #24
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 7 (100%)
I think you were forced to withdraw sale of your FA limited trio
12-13-2013, 10:26 AM   #25

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by clarkbai Quote
I think you were forced to withdraw sale of your FA limited trio
Actually my plan for a long time is having Pentax FF Silver with Trio Silver, this is my gear forever. However, I just have a chance to work with my friend and he helps me join in wedding photography. So I get stuck in the middle where I should let my Trio go or I should keep them. Photography is my left hand job so I still don't know. I want to let them go to buy DA* but may be too soon and I am in too hurry that I should not be. It took me nearly 4 years to collect this Trio, so I am difficult to make decision, my friend .

Now I think I keep them is the right decision
12-14-2013, 12:31 PM   #26

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Actually my plan for a long time is having Pentax FF Silver with Trio Silver, this is my gear forever. However, I just have a chance to work with my friend and he helps me join in wedding photography. So I get stuck in the middle where I should let my Trio go or I should keep them. Photography is my left hand job so I still don't know. I want to let them go to buy DA* but may be too soon and I am in too hurry that I should not be. It took me nearly 4 years to collect this Trio, so I am difficult to make decision, my friend .

Now I think I keep them is the right decision
Yep, it's the worst thing - when you need money for something, you are selling something. And after that you realise, that you have lost A. a goog tool. B. some amount of money (because you mus sell cheaper if you really want to sell).
12-15-2013, 08:49 AM   #27

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kavolis Quote
Yep, it's the worst thing - when you need money for something, you are selling something. And after that you realise, that you have lost A. a goog tool. B. some amount of money (because you mus sell cheaper if you really want to sell).
Yeah you're right
12-21-2013, 12:20 AM   #28

Original Poster
up for the weekend!
12-24-2013, 03:56 PM   #29

Original Poster
up for Christmas !!!
12-27-2013, 11:44 AM   #30

Original Poster