Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-07-2008, 05:42 AM   #1

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
[SOLD] FS: Rare SMC "K" PENTAX 1:2/35 (K35/2)

Because I recently bought the FA35/2, I am now selling my K35/2. I am indeed sad to see this fine lens go, but I have other lenses I am looking to fund.

This lens in excellent cosmetic condition. I consider the glass to be in excellent condition with no scratches. I will say however, that when I was checking the lens out thoroughly to write this ad, I noticed and almost imperceptible blemish on the very edge of an internal element. It looks to be only a fraction of a millimeter in diameter, so I am unable to determine whether it is a dust speck, or perhaps fungus. This only visible when looking through the lens at a very specific angle (it is not visible in the photos of the lens below), and I highly doubt that this would have any influence on image quality, especially on a cropped sensor. I have made at least a thousand great photos on my K10D with this lens.

The aperture ring clicks firmly at each stop and half-stop, and the aperture blades are snappy with no grease/oil on them.

This is not a smc PENTAX-M 1:2 35mm, but the preceding generation PENTAX 1:2/35 and has a different optical formula and is very much less common than the M version.

If you are not familiar with this lens, the build quality is fantastic, with all metal construction. Image quality from the lens is fantastic. Colours are great and it is sharp and contrasty with a pleasing bokeh (IMHO). Wide open at f/2, it appears to be only marginally less sharp that the extremely sharp FA35mm f/2.

Unfortunately I do not have the original front and back caps so the lens will be shipped with generic caps. Although the case that I am including is not the original case for this model lens (It is for a SMC PENTAX ZOOM 1:3.5 28mm~1:4.5 50mm), the lens fits perfectly. The case, although worn in appearance, is well made,sturdy and still totally usable.

Price: $US 200 + postage
Item Location: Brisbane, Australia
Payment: Paypal Only. (If you are in Australia, I will take direct bank transfer too).

Here it is:

Sample shots:

Last edited by CraigPJ; 04-08-2008 at 05:29 AM.
04-08-2008, 05:15 AM   #2

Original Poster
May consider Swap too

I might consider a swap if you have anything that interests me.
04-08-2008, 06:03 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
Dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit .

Want this lens...
04-22-2008, 06:49 AM   #4

Original Poster
This lens is still up for grabs. Will consider reasonable offers.