PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax K-5 $265

Asking Price
265.00 USD

Item Location
Nebraska (United States)

Item Description
K-5 - The body is in great shape. A few light scratches on the screen that you can see when light shines (but doesn't effect viewing) on it. Has almost 25,000 shutter clicks. I bought open box/new from Amazon in May 2012. Comes with the box, charger, cords, camera, and battery. I pulled this listing earlier at $360 because I noticed a problem recently listed below.

The problem that I have had with is the K5 autofocus problem. It almost seems as though it lacks contrast when focusing from a long way away. It mis-focuses pretty bad when far away. When the subject in focus takes up a significant amount of the Field of View this problem does not happen. In otherwords - when you shoot wide it is extremely soft (it isn't shutter speed and it isn't aperture). I adjusted this through the DEBUG menu (through PKTether) and did a +120 on the FA*24 and it was really close to being correct. It isn't the lens, because I used that lens on my K30 and it was spot on. After I did the calibration and I compared shots from the K5 and K30 and they were very close.

All that to say I am asking $265 for it. That is inexpensive for a great camera that does the majority of the things I need it to do. If you are portraits or things like that with 55 and beyond this is an awesome deal. If you manually focus and have a magnifier this probably won't be a problem. If you are wideangle for landscape I wouldn't recommend this unless you know how to manipulate the DEBUG correctly.

$265 Paypal Shipped in the US. Internationals PM me.

The original link was - https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/81-expired-listings/246680-sale-withdrawn...k-5-360-a.html

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Fair

Shipping Destinations
Other (See Listing)

Shipping Charge
Included

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
No Returns - As-is

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

01-02-2014, 10:25 PM   #2

Feedback Score: 7 (100%)
Someone should buy this....

That's a great deal ! For wide angle landscape you don't need autofocus anyways... set to infinity, 7ft or whatever, F11, F16 - done. (as long as you know you lens).