PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Kirk BL-K7 L-bracket for Pentax K-5(II/s) & K-7 bodies

Asking Price
99.99 USD

Item Location
Lancaster, PA (United States)

Item Description

This Kirk Enterprises L-bracket quick-release plate fits Pentax K-7 and all K-5 models (original, II and IIs). It is for the camera body only, not for bodies with battery grips attached. I'm selling because this L-bracket doesn't get much use since I regularly use a battery grip on my K-5ii. A few people have suggested the K-5/K-7 brackets and plates from Kirk will also work with the new K-3, but I can not confirm or recommend this. As best as I can tell, Kirk no longer sells or manufactures dedicated plates or brackets for Pentax.

The included photos are stock since I'm being lazy today, but I'll gladly upload an image of the actual bracket if requested.

As you can see from the images, the L-bracket allows the the user to change the orientation of the camera body without having to make changes to the position of a tripod head, saving time. The bracket is designed to be used with Arca-style quick-release tripod heads - Kirk, RRS, Arca-Swiss, Acratech, etc.

The one side is left completely hollow, so you can still access the rubberized ports on the side of the camera body with the bracket still in place. With the camera in the vertical position on a tripod head, you are blocked from the ports, however Kirk does sell spacers to allow shooting with cables and such going into the ports. There is also an attachment point for a hand-strap.

The L-bracket is in overall excellent condition. There are no dents or dings in the metal and no paint loss. The original screen-printed Kirk insignia is also present with no wear. There are some contact marks from the bracket being attached to a camera and tripod head, and this comes with normal use. The L-bracket comes with a 5/32" allen wrench and a 5/32" hex screw with 1/4"-20 camera threading. The hex screw will already be on the L-bracket. There is no original box since Kirk blister-packs its plates and brackets onto cardboard backing.

I'm asking a flat $6 to cover continental US shipping and PayPal fees. I am willing to ship to Canada, Alaska, or Hawaii, but there will be additional shipping costs.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Continental U.S. Only

Shipping Charge
$6

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Returns accepted if items arrive not as described. Items must be returned in same condition as originally sent. Buyer must return items within 7 days of original receipt. Buyer pays return shipping, and shipping must include the appropriate insurance coverage for the value of the item. Please contact me before returning items.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

01-11-2014, 09:31 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 19 (100%)
pm with interest
01-11-2014, 10:06 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 30 (100%)
Original Poster
Replied to PM. Thanks!

---------- Post added 01-12-2014 at 11:48 PM ----------

Still available.

Last edited by LowVoltage; 01-12-2014 at 09:45 PM.