Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-24-2014, 06:06 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Location: Portland, Montreal, Menton, Dubai, Pondicherry, Singapore, Kaohsiung, Coupeville
Feedback Score: 14 (100%)
Pentax DA 15mm f/4 Limited

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax DA 15mm f/4 Limited

Asking Price
440.00 USD

Item Location
Coupeville, WA (United States)

Item Description
I bought this from ljay1129 earlier this year during my hunt for a 15mm. I've found that I'm not into so wide of images at this time and I'd like get a fast 21 to 24 instead to compliment my DA* 55 f1.4 and A 135mm f2.8.

This is a fun lens and have gotten some good shots which I'm attaching. I'm finding that I like to have more of the subject be of the image and with this lens, I'm not feeling it's right for me.

The lens condition is excellent. No scratches or blemishes, other than mounting bracket. I've kept a 49mm UV filter on it from the time it came out of the original box and pouch to putting it back into same this afternoon.

In purchasing, you'll get the original box, pouch, front (metal, screw-in) and rear lens caps (minor scratching), serial number card, directions, pinch front cap, and lens. All as seen in attached.

You can pay via PayPal or I can take credit cards via my accounting system invoice.

I'd prefer to ship USPS priority flat rate. However, I can do other services to worldwide addresses. I'll ship within 1-business day after confirmed payment.

All 15mm photos except "Drusus gone swimming" are as-is. Drusus is cropped and sharpened.

The lens shots are via Pentax K-5 II and Pentax SMC A 135 f2.8, hand held. This was good manual practice.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling or Trading

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
15 (US priority flat rate box)

Shipping Services
USPS, UPS, FedEx

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal, Credit cards via online invoice system

Return Policy & Additional Details
No returns unless item is not as stated. Please contact within 3 days after delivery.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 

Last edited by comprock; 01-24-2014 at 06:12 PM. Reason: excellent vs like new; mounting bracket scuffing, payment options
01-24-2014, 06:07 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Location: Portland, Montreal, Menton, Dubai, Pondicherry, Singapore, Kaohsiung, Coupeville
Original Poster
Please note that I'm back on the road for 2.5 months starting in a couple of weeks. I'd like to have the trade or purchase completed before then.

---------- Post added Jan 24th, 2014 at 17:27 ----------

Anybody know how to reorder attachments?
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
01-24-2014, 06:52 PM   #3
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 7 (100%)
PM sent
01-24-2014, 07:19 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I'm meeting up with Dat_Bokeh tomorrow. This lens is probably sold then…

---

Wow, PM's come in fast…

1. I'm sorry, after reading further up on the 21 LTD, I'm not interested until I can try it out. Too much of what I'm doing is cloudy, shady, low-light, moving, etc. such that I feel f3.2 to not be fast enough.
2. A FA 35mm f2.0 though awesome, I had it, is too close to my DA* 55mm.

---------- Post added Jan 24th, 2014 at 19:17 ----------

PM ordering
* grahame (trade, declined)
* Dat_Bokeh (waiting)
* mrmatt (inline)
* larrywomack (inline)
* rajubhai55 (inline)
* Irish Pride (inline)

Last edited by comprock; 01-24-2014 at 10:05 PM. Reason: no to 21 LTD for now; meeting db
01-24-2014, 09:48 PM   #5

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
PM Sent.
01-24-2014, 10:42 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 0 (50%)
The 21 mm works just fine on a cloudy day and it is a perfect focal length for once your kid starts walking/running because you will be working close enough to them that they don't feel like they you are away from them and they will stay still for a split second. It is also nice because it is so compact that you can just put it on a sling strap and not worry about bumping into stuff as you chase them around.

The cloudy backdrop for this picture is actually a hurricane:
Attachment 203551

Attachment 203550

This is a great focal length indoors and it works great even wide open
Attachment 203552

Attachment 203553

Attachment 203554

Attachment 203555

I was considering offering you a trade but it looks like you have plenty of offers lined up. Whatever you end up with, enjoy!

Last edited by mikemike; 01-31-2014 at 12:38 AM.
01-25-2014, 12:36 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
@mikemike, thank you deeply for sharing the tough lighting situations of the 21mm. It seems these are non-post processed images. Correct?

I like how it's a wide angle, but the distortion is minimal. The railing of last is good example. For the 15, I realized I like my straight lines straight. Guess, I'm not so creative in that aspect.

01-25-2014, 09:06 AM   #8
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 0 (50%)
QuoteOriginally posted by comprock Quote
@mikemike, thank you deeply for sharing the tough lighting situations of the 21mm. It seems these are non-post processed images. Correct?

I like how it's a wide angle, but the distortion is minimal. The railing of last is good example. For the 15, I realized I like my straight lines straight. Guess, I'm not so creative in that aspect.
Correct, those are straight out of the camera JPEGs just resized. The first 2 and the one on the carousel were taken with my old K-x so they didn't have any distortion correction applied on the camera because the K-x was really slow at doing that. The others were taken with my K-30 and they do have the camera's distortion correction applied because even though I don't think it is super critical, it is basically as fast with or without so I have it turned on for the K-30.

Here is one from the K-x with some straight lines in it.
Attachment 203623

Last edited by mikemike; 01-31-2014 at 12:38 AM.