PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
K-3 (body only)

Asking Price
1,000.00 USD

Item Location
Bay Area, CA (United States)

Item Description
Brand new K-3 body. The box has never been opened. Purchased new from B&H and I can provide copy of receipt with purchase. Looking for $1000 net to me.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
New

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge
$20

Shipping Services
USPS Priority

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Returns accepted within three days if item is not as described.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by freerider; 01-26-2014 at 11:29 AM.
01-25-2014, 09:21 PM   #2

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
Why are you selling it? Why not return it for full price?
01-25-2014, 09:44 PM   #3

Feedback Score: 30 (100%)
Original Poster
I decided to keep the DA 50mm 1.8 that came with the package. If I can't break even, then I may return it.
01-25-2014, 10:32 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gosman Quote
And Pentax or any other camera warranty does not pass to the second owner!
I don't see that limitation on Ricoh's website. And if that were true, anyone receiving a gift would not get a manufacturer's warranty. If you have more information on this please PM me.

01-25-2014, 11:35 PM   #5

Feedback Score: 7 (100%)
!!

Camera warranty does pass as a gift : FIRST OWNER not Purchaser... You have to register the camera online and from then on the camera is owned by that person.
You cannot pass a US warranty to Canada and vice versa without contacting ricoh 1st.
01-26-2014, 12:13 PM   #6

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Did you register the warranty online with your name yet?
How long did you buy it, can i buy extend warranty from b&h or aradoma for it, do you know?
01-26-2014, 12:34 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Feedback Score: 40 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by airbusa350 Quote
How long did you buy it, can i buy extend warranty from b&h or aradoma for it, do you know?
I believe that for all practical purposes, the warranty is transferable as long as you're given the original receipt. You don't need to register for Pentax warranty service eligibility (unlike other brands).

With the recent corporate changes by Ricoh, however, it could be that the terms have changed or that they won't be as generous as they were in the past.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-26-2014, 04:42 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
PM sent
01-26-2014, 04:58 PM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by airbusa350 Quote
No, I have not registered the camera. In fact I haven't even opened the box. It's 100% brand new. I suspect you can buy the extended warranty because it's still within 30 days of the purchase date, but I don't know for sure.

Last edited by freerider; 01-26-2014 at 05:13 PM.
01-26-2014, 05:58 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 20 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by freerider Quote
I suspect you can buy the extended warranty because it's still within 30 days of the purchase date, but I don't know for sure.
You can. Below is the response I got when I asked them the question of extended warranty for my K5.

"Thank you for contacting PENTAX.

PENTAX in the US requires that you purchase an extended warranty within 30 days of the camera purchase. Also, you do not have to register the camera or the extended warranty with PENTAX for warranty purposes. Keep your sales receipt (and extended warranty card if you purchased one) and send a copy of it with your product if you have to return it to us for warranty service.

If you are in need of further assistance, please respond to this email or call our technical support center at 800-877-0155.

Sincerely,
Randall S.
PENTAX RICOH IMAGING AMERICAS CORPORATION /
PHONE: 800.234.0276 /800.877.0155 / BE INTERESTING. PENTAX"
01-26-2014, 06:09 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 12 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by K57XR Quote
You can. Below is the response I got when I asked them the question of extended warranty for my K5.

"Thank you for contacting PENTAX.

PENTAX in the US requires that you purchase an extended warranty within 30 days of the camera purchase. Also, you do not have to register the camera or the extended warranty with PENTAX for warranty purposes. Keep your sales receipt (and extended warranty card if you purchased one) and send a copy of it with your product if you have to return it to us for warranty service.

If you are in need of further assistance, please respond to this email or call our technical support center at 800-877-0155.

Sincerely,
Randall S.
PENTAX RICOH IMAGING AMERICAS CORPORATION /
PHONE: 800.234.0276 /800.877.0155 / BE INTERESTING. PENTAX"
The fly in this ointment is the sales receipt will not be in the buyers name and Pentax has stated before the extended warranty is not transferable. So while the buyer may be able to purchase the extended warranty, it will do him/her no good if the original receipt isn't in his/her name.
01-26-2014, 08:08 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 20 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
The fly in this ointment is the sales receipt will not be in the buyers name and Pentax has stated before the extended warranty is not transferable. So while the buyer may be able to purchase the extended warranty, it will do him/her no good if the original receipt isn't in his/her name.
You're right, I didn't think about that ....
01-27-2014, 12:06 AM   #13

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
I have the extended warranty for my K5II, and I don't see any language requiring that the camera sales receipt bear the name of the warranty holder. Yes the extended warranty is non-transferable, however, I understand that limitation to apply to a scenario in which someone purchases the extended warranty and then attempts to transfer it to someone else. That's not what we have here. Anyone buying this camera would be the original purchaser of the extended warranty, and that is what matters. At least that's how I read the warranty. Plus this is an extension of the one year manufacturer's warranty, which is valid irrespective of original purchaser.
01-27-2014, 04:00 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 68 (100%)
So Tom, a gifted camera can't have the extended warranty then?
01-27-2014, 07:14 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 12 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by zbrueningsen Quote
So Tom, a gifted camera can't have the extended warranty then?
Gifted, yes. Bought and sold to another person, no. And saying the first to cover the second is fraud.