PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax M 50mm 1.7 with Hoya Skylight filter

Asking Price
40.00 USD

Item Location
Lancaster, PA (United States)

Item Description
Didn't win that fast-fifty on Monday? Well, here's your chance pick one up!

lens
$40 - Pentax M 50mm f/1.7: Small and light, this standard prime's maximum aperture allows for a very thin depth-of-field. The lens is in overall very good condition. The focus ring moves smoothly and all glass elements are blemish-free with no haze or fungus. There are a few flecks of dust inside that don't affect image quality. There are a few flecks of paint missing from normal use on the aperture ring. Being an "M" lens you will need to enable the use of the aperture ring on your DSLR custom menu and use stop-down metering.

Some sample shots.

_IGP1555
I didn't have a model handy, so turtle had to stand in for me. This was shot at f/2. You can see how narrow the depth-of-field is by looking at the wooden step turtle is standing on.

_IGP1559

_IGP1563
These last two were shot wide open at f/1.7

On my K-5ii I had to use a -10 setting with the AF Adjustment custom menu with this lens for the best accuracy when focusing at maximum aperture. My eyes seem to be getting worse over time, so you might have a different method for getting good focus! I'm pretty confident using the lens and a split-prism focusing screen on my other body, however.

The lens comes with its original rear cap and a brand-new, generic front cap that I added specifically for this sale. The lens will also come with a Hoya Skylight 1A filter (not pictured) which is clean and blemish-free in overall excellent condition.

The price covers the lens and PP fees. I'm asking a flat $6 for shipping with USPS to keep things simple. I'm willing to use a different carrier if you want UPS or FedEx, but the shipping cost will change accordingly.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Returns accepted if items arrive not as described. Items must be returned in same condition as originally sent. Buyer must return items within 7 days of original receipt. Buyer pays return shipping, and shipping must include the appropriate insurance coverage for the value of the item. Please contact me before returning items.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by LowVoltage; 03-01-2014 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Image URL button in editor doesn't seem to do the job... :(
03-01-2014, 04:17 PM   #2

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
PM Sent
03-01-2014, 11:14 PM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 33 (100%)
Original Poster
Sold to the man with the cool hat!