Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
SOLD Rare blue 'Smurf' K-01 (body only)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Rare blue 'Smurf' K-01 (body only)

Asking Price
450.00 USD Price reduced to US $350, see note below

Item Location
San Diego, California, USA (United States)

Item Description
SOLD 3/21/2014, to a buyer outside PentaxForums.

For sale -- a beautiful, and rare, sky blue K-01, body only. Brought it in from Japan about six months ago for a grand-daughter, who sadly has zero interest in photography.

It is almost new -- shutter count 122 -- in its box, with a Japanese manual, charger, battery, strap, etc. Serial #2566506. After buying it, I took some pictures with different lenses to make sure it was working perfectly. As you know, the K-01 has very, very good image quality... at the K-5 II level.

Should make a great addition for your Pentax collection.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Like New

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge
$20

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Sold as-is, no return policy.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item! Note -- reduced the price by $100 after a friend notified me that my first price was higher than blue Smurfs currently sold on eBay from Japan. This should set that straight.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 

Last edited by jon404; 04-01-2014 at 09:27 PM.
03-07-2014, 05:28 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 26 (100%)
What a beautiful camera! Looks even better than my yellow brick k-01
03-07-2014, 08:48 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 27 (100%)
Nice ! If i was a collector, I'd jump on it!
03-08-2014, 12:19 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks! It IS a nice looking a camera. And, I just reduced the price by $100, after a friend notified me that I was starting out higher than blue Smurfs listed on eBay from Japan. New price of US $350 should be in the ballpark, reflecting the value of the camera plus the cost of getting it from Japan. MUCH easier to buy something (like this) from right here in the USA!

03-08-2014, 01:21 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 46 (100%)
If I could some how justify a 3rd brick, I'd snatch it from you.
03-08-2014, 01:40 AM - 1 Like   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Well, let's see. Blue! Is the color of the sky, and is on the US, British, and Russian flags, and -- Smurf blue -- the Ukrainian flag, close enough. Plus on the flags of a whole bunch of other places (you know who you are). Blue. Then, the number three. The number of bricks you should own -- a significant number, like the Trinity, or the number of masts on the whaling ship in Melville's Moby-Dick. And, Geomez, three of a kind is a very good poker hand, right?

Seriously, this K-01's pretty. Unique, and a LOT better camera than those fakey-branded Leicas and Hasselblads we've been seeing lately. Although! For a few dollars more, I'll take a Magic Marker and sketch a Ferrari logo on it for you. Permanent ink!
03-08-2014, 03:39 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 46 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by jon404 Quote
Well, let's see. Blue! Is the color of the sky, and is on the US, British, and Russian flags, and -- Smurf blue -- the Ukrainian flag, close enough. Plus on the flags of a whole bunch of other places (you know who you are). Blue. Then, the number three. The number of bricks you should own -- a significant number, like the Trinity, or the number of masts on the whaling ship in Melville's Moby-Dick. And, Geomez, three of a kind is a very good poker hand, right? Seriously, this K-01's pretty. Unique, and a LOT better camera than those fakey-branded Leicas and Hasselblads we've been seeing lately. Although! For a few dollars more, I'll take a Magic Marker and sketch a Ferrari logo on it for you. Permanent ink!
HAHA!
That's a hell of a sales pitch!