Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-07-2014, 07:41 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 24 (100%)
Accepting offers: Tamron 28-75 f/2.8

Only one lens left, and it's a good one!

Oh, and I accept PayPal. Fees included in price.

[/B]Tamron SP AF 28-75mm f/2.8 XR DI with original hood, caps, and box • $275
I bought a copy of this lens on this forum. I loved the way it rendered, but I found that it exhibited decentering that showed up on the left side of images. Fortunately, it had a Mack warranty, which I was able to transfer to me for a small price and then send the lens in to Tamron for repair. They decided it couldn't be repaired and sent me a replacement. Mack declared their obligation fulfilled. The replacement lens was better, but still had just a little bit of softness along the left edge at 28mm. Stop it down to about f/5.6 or zoom to about 40mm and it goes away. You'll only notice it in landscapes, and who takes photos of landscapes at f/2.8? But I'm including some 28mm f/2.8 images so you can see for yourself. Again, I love this lens and I wish I didn’t have to sell it. It’s great for portraits, landscapes, and close-up work. I’ve even used it to copy prints of photos. It’s an incredibly useful focal range, and I’m going to miss it a lot. It’s in like new shape. A little bit of dust, of course, but no damage to the body or the glass. Follow the link below the photos here to more photos, including a couple full-size JPEGs at 28mm, f/2.8. One is a crowd shot and the other is a brick wall.

More photos with the Tamron 28-75

Sigma 50mm 1:1.4 DG HSM with original case, hood, caps, and box • $330
SOLD
Ugh. Another lens I don’t want to sell, but I must. I bought this lens when I found myself frustrated with the way that Pentax f/1.4 fifties behave in contrasty situations wide open. I’d owned the M, the A, and the FA, and they all had problems with halos and loss of contrast wide open, particularly the FA. But the Sigma has great contrast wide open. It’s also nice and quiet focusing, and the corresponding quick shift feature is very convenient. It’s a great companion for my Sigma 30mm f/1.4. I don’t care that it’s big. But baby needs formula, and I love baby more than lens, so lens must go. It’s a great portrait lens. It does very well in low light. Samples are below.

SOLD Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 135mm f/2.5 with original hood, case, and front cap. • $110
Generic rear cap. I'll toss in a generic K-mount adapter, from which I've removed the annoying little locking clip. I've never had any trouble with it coming loose without the clip. The case is in good shape on the exterior, but is lacking the strap and the foam inside is disintegrating. The lens itself: As you can see, it's in moderate cosmetic shape - I'd give it about a 7/10. There's a fair bit of dust inside the lens, but not a surprising amount. If you want to use it on a Spotmatic, the aperture is nice and snappy. No oil or visible wear on the aperture blades. The front element seems to have some cleaning marks that you can only see in bright, reflected light, and there is a light, sub-hairline scratch on the front element. I didn't even notice it until I put the lens under bright light to take photos for this sale. I really love this lens, and the only reason I'm selling it is because I found a great deal on a K 135 f/2.5. I've owned a copy of the K in the past (and regretfully sold it), and it's fantastic. I truly don't see much difference at all between the rendering of the Version 1 SMC Tak 135 and the K 135, even though I know that the K has an improved optical formula. The only difference I can see is the bokeh of medium-distance backgrounds, which are ever so slightly busier with the Tak than the K. I particularly like the Tak wide open. It's rendering reminds me of my FA 77 Limited. It just does so well with faces. But enough talk about the lens. Here are photos of and with it:

SOLD SMC Pentax-A 135mm f/2.8 with original front & rear caps • $85 (see why below) $76.50
This is another lens that I owned at one time, but sold and regretted selling. I bought it again recently on a whim, and I'm selling it because, again, I now have a K 135 f/2.5. It gets a lot of flack for being a four-element design. People assume that it's going to produce photos that look like the Takumar (Bayonet) 135 f/2.5, which is also a four-element design. But I owned both and found the A to be much better in terms of contrast. In the lens reviews, I reviewed the A a while ago and compared it to the Tak Bayonet and the M 135 f/3.5. This lens should really be $140, but I noticed something when I went to take pictures of it for this sale. There are the beginnings of fungus at the very edges behind the front element. Ugh. I strongly doubt that it affects the images at all, particularly on a crop sensor. But still, it's there. So my loss is your gain. I haven't had a chance to use this particular copy much, but here are a few photos. If you look very closely, you can see the fungus at the bottom and top in the first photo.

Last edited by Designosophy; 03-19-2014 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Added payment
03-07-2014, 09:45 PM   #2

Feedback Score: 12 (100%)
What camera did you use to take "more photos" with Sigma?
03-08-2014, 05:25 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
K-5 and K-01.
03-11-2014, 07:16 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Bump for one-day sale. Today only (3/11), 10% off, as indicated above!

---------- Post added 03-11-14 at 02:02 PM ----------

Sale pending on the A 135 f/2.8.

Sold.

Last edited by Designosophy; 03-11-2014 at 01:41 PM.
03-13-2014, 08:58 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Bump for offers!
03-16-2014, 10:28 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Bump for Baby needs gallons of formula and truckloads of diapers!

---------- Post added 03-17-14 at 09:01 AM ----------

Sigma 50 f/1.4 sold.

Last edited by Designosophy; 03-17-2014 at 06:20 AM.
03-19-2014, 06:10 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hump day bump for one lens left!

03-19-2014, 11:57 AM   #8

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
Designopathy- I've sent you a PM. Thanks!
03-19-2014, 02:56 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 26 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by callmescipio Quote
Designopathy- I've sent you a PM. Thanks!
The baby formula always works!!
03-20-2014, 05:07 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
PM responded.