Las Vegas, NV (United States)

Item Description
SMC Pentax-DA 40mm F2.8 XS
FREE Shipping CONUS

What you get:

New SMC Pentax DA 40mm F2.8 XS
Original new front cap
Original new back cap
Original box (kit lens box from within K-01 packaging)

Condition:

NEW. Blemish, mark, and scratch free. Glass is perfect. Aperture blades are perfect. I took the lens out of it's box just to photograph it for this listing. I put it on my K-3 once just to make sure it worked.

Why I'm selling:

I already own a copy of this lens. I purchased this lens I'm selling in a new K-01 kit last month (my 2nd K-01 ).

My thoughts:

I LOVE IT! I use my 40mm XS all the time.

About the lens:

CRAZY THIN! To my knowledge this is the thinnest auto focusing DSLR lens ever made. It protrudes just millimeters further than a body cap when mounted. It's definitely unique (your Canikonian friend's heads might explode when they see this ).
Here's a picture of my K-3 with and without the lens mounted just to give you an idea of the size...
It only protrudes about as far as the flash housing!

DA 40mm XS is based on the optical design of the DA 40mm Limited, but has rounded aperture blades which produces a smooth bokeh. The difference is likely to account for the XS's increase in sharpness over the Ltd according to DxOMark and the in-depth review on this forum...
Pentax DA 35mm F2.4 vs 40mm XS vs 40mm Limited - Image Quality: Sharpness - PentaxForums.com

Here are some reviews from forum members (9.08/10)
SMC Pentax-DA 40mm F2.8 XS Reviews - DA XS Prime Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database

This lens works on both APS-C and Full Frame camera bodies.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/10-pentax-slr-lens-discussion/31629-da-le...ts-thread.html

Lastly, take into account the size, performance, and cost of this lens, and I can all but guarantee you this is the best bang for your buck of all of Pentax's lenses.

Shipping:

Shipping (and paypal fees) are included in the listed price. Shipping is free for buyers in the continental United States. International shipping will cost extra. I live in Las Vegas, NV. If you are in town, I can meet up for the transaction.

About me:

I've successfully bought and sold many items in the forum marketplace and the feedback to prove it. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
New

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
Free US, PM for international

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Check/Money Order Other (Elaborate)

Return Policy & Additional Details
Seven day return for lens if not as described or DOA.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

---------- Post added 03-19-14 at 05:14 PM ----------

Sale pending

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 
View Picture EXIF