PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Nikon F and accessories

Asking Price
100.00 USD

Item Location
Mechanicsburg, PA (United States)

Item Description
For Sale. Nikon F with Waist Level Viewfinder. This camera originally belonged to my late father-in-law, who used it extensively. I also used it quite a bit, although not recently. It originally came with a Photomic viewfinder which I no longer have. I last used it for astrophotography through a small telescope. Besides the camera and viewfinder, it includes three focus screens:

Type P: Matte/Fresnel field with 3mm diameter BriteView (diagonal) split-image rangefinder spot surrounded by 1mm wide microprism donut. One etched horizontal and one etched vertical line divide the field into four quadrants.

Type C: Fine-ground matte field with 5mm center clear spot and cross-hair reticle. For photomicrography, astrophotography, and other high magnification applications using parallax focusing on aerial images.

Type M: Fine ground Fresnel field with 5mm diameter clear spot and cross-hair for use in parallax focusing on aerial images, plus millimeter scales for calculation of individual magnification of objects or for measuring objects. Brilliant image in dim light. Suitable for close-ups, photomicrography, and other high-magnification applications.

Also included is a Nikon F T Mount. Lastly, I will include 5 rolls of 35mm film which are way out of date, but have been stored in a freezer since purchase: 2 rolls of Konica G3200 print film, one roll of Ektachrome 1600 slide film, one roll Tri-X Black and White, and one roll of Koday Max 400.

The camera serial number indicates it was built between August and September of 1970. As you can see from the pictures, it has some wear and tear. Before placing the ad, I ran an old roll of Fujicolor 800 through the camera. This film was out of date but freezer stored. I attached the camera to a small telescope and used my digital SLR to meter the scenes through a telephoto lens. The pictures came out reasonably well exposed, which suggests that the F's shutter speeds, at least the ones that I was able to use, are generally OK. Asking $100 for everything.

I'll deliver the item myself within 20 miles of Mechanicsburg, PA. I'll ship within the continental US for $9. For anywhere else, I'd have to check the shipping charges.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Fair

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
See listing

Shipping Services
USPS, UPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
I will accept a return if item not as stated. No warranties.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

03-24-2014, 04:24 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 17 (100%)
PM Sent.