PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax Helicoid Extension Tube K

Asking Price
99.00 USD

Item Location
Elkton, Maryland (United States)

Item Description
I've been holding on to this helicoid extension tube for a few years, but I just don't use it enough. I'm not a macro shooter, and that's what it's really best for. It's also good for reducing the minimum focal distance of any lens with an aperture ring. I used it with my K 400 f/5.6 a couple times. It turns any K-mount lens into a preset lens (like a K-adapted M42 lens). In the reviews, someone said that it goes from a number 2 extension tube to the equivalent of a number 2 plus a number 3. I can't verify this, but according to my ruler, it goes from 25mm to 45mm. The helicoid is mostly smooth, but when extending it, there is a rough spot in the middle of the range. It doesn't grind or anything; it just gets harder to turn for a small bit. Completely smooth when reducing.

One thing to keep in mind: Since there is no aperture lever connection, you can only use this with a lens that has an aperture ring. If you use it with a DA-type lens, then it's going to stay at the highest f-stop. But any FA, F, A, M, K, or adapted Takumar lens should be fine. It's in very good shape - I don't see any brassing, scratches, or dents. And it mounts snugly both ends. No light leaks.

Priority mail shipping to continental US included in price. International (including Canada): Buyer pays actual shipping. No additional fee for PayPal.

Here are some photos (taken with my cell phone; sorry for the less than stellar quality).

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/30vu6h6onxbk4fj/QrLflbmNxT

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
Priority Mail included for US Int'l pays actual Priority Int'l rate

Shipping Services
Priority Mail. Others extra

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Return only if not the right item or not as described.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

---------- Post added 04-03-14 at 10:27 PM ----------

Sale pending - wow, that was fast!

Attached Images