Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-10-2014, 10:35 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Portland, Montreal, Menton, Dubai, Pondicherry, Singapore, Kaohsiung, Coupeville
Feedback Score: 14 (100%)
Pentax Telephoto 55mm f/1.4 DA* with dying SDM

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax Telephoto 55mm f/1.4 DA* with dying SDM

Asking Price
325.00 USD

Item Location
Coupeville (United States)

Item Description
If I had the time, I'd ship my otherwise excellent condition Pentax Telephoto 55mm f/1.4 DA* with a dying SDM off to CRIS for repair. However, I just came back to the US after 3 months on the road and get back on it for 5 months Monday morning.

The auto focus barely works. It's doing the whining thing. Outside of that, this lens is beautiful, clean, and complete with hood, caps, and bag. Given the long throw of this lens, manual focusing is easy and I would stick to that, but sometimes I need a free hand for a squeaker toy to bribe smiles out of folks.

I could put this lens into storage and repair for resale later at $ 650, but I figured to give others a chance on it instead for half that.

Simply put, this lens is by far my favorite off all I've tried. It's the 90% used lens on my Pentax K-5 ii. The colors, bokeh, clarity, etc. are breathtaking. This is a magic lens.

It's worth the little extra effort and time here for an incredible addition to your lens collection.

If buying, payment needs to be completed by midnight Friday, May 16 GMT +8 (Seattle) so that I can ship it Saturday morning before I head out to New Delhi Monday morning for 5 months.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Damaged

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
15 US/Canada, TBD Elsewhere

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Other (Elaborate)

Return Policy & Additional Details
DOA? Return okay.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
05-10-2014, 12:10 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 55 (100%)
PM sent
05-10-2014, 02:12 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 21 (100%)
PM sent.
05-10-2014, 02:54 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Portland, Montreal, Menton, Dubai, Pondicherry, Singapore, Kaohsiung, Coupeville
Feedback Score: 14 (100%)
Original Poster
For those asking, my research suggests between $ 212 to $ 440 for repair. I'm figuring it's on the lower end because it's been doing the slow death for 5 months now and it's not quite dead yet. Further, never dropped and all else is working great.

---------- Post added May 10th, 2014 at 14:59 ----------

Sale pending.