Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-02-2014, 11:14 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 31 (100%)
Sigma-made Quantaray 24mm 2.8 macro lens, Extension tube set, for Minolta MD mount

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Sigma-made Quantaray 24mm 2.8 macro lens, Extension tube set, for Minolta MD mount

Asking Price
65.00 USD

Item Location
Lancaster, PA (United States)

Item Description
Two items I've been using with adapters on my Samsung NX20. Like a 50mm 1.7 Rokkor-X I'm also selling, there's a myriad of adapters that allow you to use the MD mount lenses with Nikon, Canon, Sony, Samsung, and Micro Four-Thirds cameras. I got a Fotodiox adapter on an auction site and it works fantastically, even retaining infinity focus. I had the Sigma version of the 24mm for K-mount a few years ago and it performed exactly the same as the Quantaray.

Quantaray 24mm 2.8 - $65:
This is a re-badged version of the Sigma 24mm 2.8 Super Wide II for Minolta MD mounts. The Sigma and Quantaray are similar cosmetically, such as the lithography of the focus scales, while the focus rings have different treads. The minimum focusing distance is 18cm or just a hair over 7 inches with a magnification of 1:4 - unusually close for a 24mm lens.

The overall condition of the lens is very good. The elements are scratch free. There are a few specks of dust on the one rear element, nothing that affects image quality. The focus ring is heavily damped, a little stronger than I like, but I wouldn't characterize it as stiff. The aperture ring moves smoothly with good clicks. I'll mention there are half-stop clicks between every setting except f/2.8 and f/4. The only real cosmetic issue is some paint loss on the depth-of-field scale, something the lens shares with its Sigma twin!

Shot at f/4

Set of 3 Minolta extension tubes - $30:
Not too much to say about the tubes. Three sizes - 14mm, 21mm, 28mm, can be used in combination. Good, strong construction, a far site better than the thin aluminum tubes on auction sites. Overall excellent condition with some paint loss hear and there on the grips, only noticeable under close inspection. I used these tubes with the Minolta MD Rokkor-X 50mm 1.7 I'm also selling. The extension tubes and the 50mm fit the bill for my mirrorless camera.

The lens comes with its original front and rear caps. The extension tube set also has its original front and rear caps.

As I mentioned before, I also have a Minolta MD Rokkor-X 50mm 1.7 for sale in another thread which works well with the extension tubes. I'm asking $6 for USPS shipping or $10.50 for FedEx for one item, however if somebody buys two or even all three items I'll ship everything for free via USPS.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Continental U.S. Only

Shipping Charge
$6 USPS, $10.50 FedEx

Shipping Services
USPS, FedEx

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Items must be returned in same condition as originally sent (i.e. as they appear in the original sale photos). Buyer must return items within 7 days of original receipt. Buyer pays return shipping, and shipping must include the appropriate insurance coverage for the value of the item. Please contact me before returning items.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by LowVoltage; 06-02-2014 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Spelling/grammar error
06-08-2014, 03:31 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Bump. Also, here's a test shot I had done at wide open aperture on the 24mm, 2.8.

100% crop on the right. I was trying to get the very point of the corner, although I think I focused a touch behind that point as seen in the rust.
06-13-2014, 03:19 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Last bump for these guys before they go to auction.