Item for Sale
SMC Pentax-A 100mm f2.8 (NOT the Macro)

Asking Price
300.00 AUD

Item Location
Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Item Description
I have for sale an SMC Pentax-A 100mm f2.8...NOT the Macro

The condition of this lens is excellent, both the optics and the body are really clean with virtually no blemishes, as I hope you'll be able to see in the pictures below.
Everything is just fine with this lens.
Aperture ring turns freely with nice clean clicks at each stop and half stop. It locks into the A position just fine.
The focus throw appears to be about 270 degrees from end to end and is smooth throughout. No tightness and no rough spots.
A tiny bit of internal dust, and some surface dust in the pictures (sorry).
Aperture blades are clean and snappy.
It really is the cleanest lens of it's age I have seen.
Please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

I purchased this lens a little while ago now, and to be honest have not really had the chance to put it to good use. Given I now have an eight week old daughter the chances of me having the time and patience required for this manual focus lens is slim.

The reviews of the lens are excellent and from my limited experience with it it certainly seems very sharp. It also appears to be fairly rare, and I was happy to find a copy in this condition...but right now I can't justify keeping it.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/lensreviews/SMC-Pentax-A-100mm-F2.8-Lens.html

It has a short pull out lens hood, and comes with the Pentax front and rear caps it came to me with. With a 49mm filter thread it really is quite compact for a 100mm f2.8...I included some pictures of it on the K-5 to show the size with the lens at close focus with the pull out hood extended and at infinity with the hood retracted.
It also came with what I assume to be the original Pentax leather case, which is in equally good condition and is included in the sale...not pictured, sorry.

For anyone in Australia interested the cost is AUD$300 gross shipped within Australia. Payment via PayPal, nothing more to pay.
If someone from outside of Australia is interested please PM me, I would sell the lens at USD265 plus actual shipping cost.

Thanks for looking.
Cheers
Dean

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
Included within Australia, contact me for overseas.

Shipping Services
Australia Post, or as you request at your cost.

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
I will happily accept return if the lens is not as described and pictured in this listing.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 

Last edited by Dean Bradshaw; 06-15-2014 at 03:27 AM.
06-20-2014, 04:40 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 15 (100%)
Original Poster
A bump for this rare lens.