Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-28-2014, 09:01 PM   #16

Feedback Score: 16 (100%)
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tabl10s Quote
I read some reviews and the only thing stopping me is 1:2. If I sell a guitar....maybe.
Yeah even it's 1:2 but I think it's worth it

QuoteOriginally posted by DogLover Quote
I really wish they had called it "close-focus" instead of Makro, just to eliminate that criticism. I don't do any microscopic-level shots so it's never bothered me. In fact, this is unusually macro for me. Got this by laying on my side in my backyard. I don't think I really nailed the focus because of the weird position I was in. Not much background contrast to show off the bokeh in this shot, though you can sort of see the smoothness of it. I have no idea if this is at the minimum focus distance or not. f/8 Second one is obviously not macro at all, but I just took it the other day at f/2.2 and it has a bit of bokeh to it.
I like the out of focus on your pic 2 so much! It is just amazing, so smooth and comfortable to see!

I also took this shot in Boston Common last few months

06-29-2014, 10:18 PM   #17
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Are you selling the blank photo paper?
06-29-2014, 10:35 PM   #18

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by clem Quote
Are you selling the blank photo paper?
Yup I am selling all the blank photo paper. I can give you a very reasonable price

P/S: I also reply to you about Voigtlander 58
06-30-2014, 04:51 AM   #19

Feedback Score: 11 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by ledohung Quote
Yup I am selling all the blank photo paper. I can give you a very reasonable price

P/S: I also reply to you about Voigtlander 58
Per forum rules - if it's for sale, you must post a price.

06-30-2014, 07:35 AM   #20

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
Per forum rules - if it's for sale, you must post a price.
Thank you for remind me. I do it right now
07-02-2014, 07:57 PM   #21
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 52 (100%)
Second one is obviously not macro at all, but I just took it the other day at f/2.2 and it has a bit of bokeh to it.
Bokeh/OOF is important, but look at the subject! Rarely do I see the beauty, softness, and delicateness of a flower captured so well! I'm sure if I could reach out and touch the petals they'd feel just like they look!
07-02-2014, 09:18 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 21 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by DSims Quote
Bokeh/OOF is important, but look at the subject! Rarely do I see the beauty, softness, and delicateness of a flower captured so well! I'm sure if I could reach out and touch the petals they'd feel just like they look!
Gosh, on behalf of the annoyingly addictive ZK lenses, thanks! It would have helped if I had framed that shot a little better and not cut off the second one back. Though I must say that the original JPEG (developed from a RAW), even at the same res. looks much better than it does posted here.
07-03-2014, 01:03 AM   #23
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 52 (100%)
Gosh, on behalf of the annoyingly addictive ZK lenses, thanks! It would have helped if I had framed that shot a little better and not cut off the second one back. Though I must say that the original JPEG (developed from a RAW), even at the same res. looks much better than it does posted here.
I'm not so sure you even did frame it wrong. At least it didn't cross my mind. And the fact that another photographer doesn't even think to criticize the shot (even just to himself) really says something positive. If good equipment selection was part of it (and I'm sure it was), so be it. But you're still responsible for that, and you're the one who did it right - from beginning to end.

07-03-2014, 06:41 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 21 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by DSims Quote
I'm not so sure you even did frame it wrong. At least it didn't cross my mind. And the fact that another photographer doesn't even think to criticize the shot (even just to himself) really says something positive. If good equipment selection was part of it (and I'm sure it was), so be it. But you're still responsible for that, and you're the one who did it right - from beginning to end.
Thanks very much!