Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
06-22-2014, 02:27 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 16 (100%)
SPECIAL: Zeiss 100 Macro, Trio Silver FA, FA* 24, DA* 55, Voigt 58 + ...

Hi guys,

Today is such a bad day for me... I have to sell all my lovely Pentax gear that I have been trying to collect in 4 years. The reason is because my friend and I will run the business together, photography business. We shoot wedding, commercial, product, a lot of different things. I also want to bring the highest quality for customers so I want to jump in FF camera which I have no idea when Pentax release. Furthermore, with a plus of lightning system and autofocus I think moving to Ca or Ni is better for me in terms of running photography business (of course I still keep my lovely K200D Silver).

I will come home soon next 2 months so I hope you guys are interested in my awesome collection

All price can be negotiable but not too much.

Please no return will be accepted.

Shipping Worldwide but I prefer in North America

I only accept Paypal

Notice: I put my collection in dry condition so there are no dust, ding, dent, haze or fungus, just want to let you guys know

Please ask me if you have any questions!

Here is the list of my collection:

1. Zeiss 100 F2 Macro for Pentax: $2200 (Full box)

2. Trio FA Silver Limited

I am thinking about selling this awesome Trio together but that sounds hard to go. Therefore:

31 Silver with Red Pouch: HOLD for a nice guy who already paid for part of the lens. He is paying the rest in next few days

43 Silver with Brown Pouch with Box (early condition, Series number <20,000) : $750

77 Silver with Green Pouch (special series number 0000077): SOLD

3. Pentax DA* 55 SOLD

4. Pentax FA* 24 SOLD

5. Pentax K5 IIs SOLD

6. Voigtlander 58 1.4 for Pentax $600 (extremely hard to find now)

7. All the photo papers: $50

Details:

1. Zeiss 100 F2 Macro for Pentax

This is now extremely hard to find. Sharpest lens that Zeiss ever made. I have no idea how I can buy back if I let the lens go now but I have to, so sad. Comes with original box, manuals, hood, cap

2. Trio FA Silver Limited (All made in Japan)

It took me more than 3 years to have this collection so I cannot how I feel when I sell this. The SPECIAL thing for new collector is: 77 Silver Limited is marked series 0000077, so special right lol

Perfect condition, comes with cap and hood. Only 43 comes with box.

31mm

43mm (early condition, Series number <20,000)

77mm

4. Pentax FA* 24

Perfect condition, comes with hood and cap

5. Pentax K5 IIs

I bought this Pentax K5IIs from BHphoto in March, 2014. I still keep receipt in the box so I can check it out. It comes with additional 2 year warranty from Ricoh USA (warranty card inside the box). Shutter count: 554. It also comes with Grip that I bought new from one member here.

6. Voigtlander 58 1.4 for Pentax

Perfect condition, comes with box, manual, cap and hood for.

Bonus items with buying Trio only

Sears 80-200 F4

Thank you all for take a look on my post. I appreciate that!

Last edited by Immortal.Eternal; 06-30-2014 at 07:37 AM.
06-23-2014, 12:21 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
PM for FA24 sent
06-23-2014, 03:34 AM - 1 Like   #3

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Allright, I can't say nothing about this amazing collection. As a student, I have no chance to even get close to any of these jewels you listed above. But honestly, This selection of lenses in my opinion, if not pushing you beyond canon or nikon, definitely not leaving you behind. In your shoe, I would wait a bit more. There are rumours that Pentax introduces it's first FF in February next year.
Good luck with your sale and career.
06-23-2014, 06:52 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 29 (100%)
Wow, I definitely feel for you about giving up that Zeiss 100/2. I'm down to the point that I don't really feel like any of my lenses are expendable, but rest assured that my 100/2 would be the absolute LAST lens I would sell. In fact, I would have to be starving or need life-saving medical attention with no other way to pay for it for that to happen. The bokeh of that lens is nothing short of spectacular (the 50/2 does come close, however). I'm in love with it on aps-c, but can you imagine using it on a future FF Pentax, if that ever happens?

I'm not second-guessing you. You gotta do what you gotta do. I'm just saying I know you have to be feeling some misgivings about letting that one go.

06-23-2014, 07:05 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by debakarma Quote
PM for FA24 sent
Pm replied

QuoteOriginally posted by fredrious Quote
Allright, I can't say nothing about this amazing collection. As a student, I have no chance to even get close to any of these jewels you listed above. But honestly, This selection of lenses in my opinion, if not pushing you beyond canon or nikon, definitely not leaving you behind. In your shoe, I would wait a bit more. There are rumours that Pentax introduces it's first FF in February next year.
Good luck with your sale and career.
Thank you so much for your recommendation. Actually your comment is the reason why I love Pentax ). Because in Pentax forum, I feel like everyone support to each other. I have been using Pentax for 4 years (I use Pentax only), I know a lot about photography and also have a lot supports from Pentaxian here. In my opinion, using camera is not just buying gear and take a shoot, it is about community. That is why I still love Pentax: small marketshare but huge supportive community, and high quality lens with addicted lens habit lol.

I finish studying abroad here in the US then I am coming back to Vietnam in this August, I have to run business immediately with my friend so I have to have camera, that is why I cannot wait until Pentax release, and also I need the stability of the camera. I don't know if Pentax release new camera then have some issue with it or not.

Haizzz, so bad that I have to sell...
06-23-2014, 12:31 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 43 (100%)
What a beautiful collection. I can sense the affection and the regret in your descriptions of the lenses you are selling. And your photos are excellent, especially your photos of the lenses. They all look better than new. Best wishes...maybe you can sell the Zeiss very last....
06-24-2014, 10:44 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mwilky55 Quote
What a beautiful collection. I can sense the affection and the regret in your descriptions of the lenses you are selling. And your photos are excellent, especially your photos of the lenses. They all look better than new. Best wishes...maybe you can sell the Zeiss very last....
Yeah, I am so sad that I have to sell this collection, it's already part of me, you feel that right?

Thank you for your recommendation, I hope Zeiss go very last too, it is incredibly special lens

06-24-2014, 01:40 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 43 (100%)
Best wishes....I know you want to go to full frame, and I know that Pentax is to Canikon as Apple is to Windows, but it seems to me you'll be hard pressed to find any better lenses in any format....no way you can use these in your business?

My heart goes out to you....I wish I had the money....I would adopt your Zeiss for you
06-25-2014, 06:53 AM   #9

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
I am interested in the da*55!
06-25-2014, 01:19 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mwilky55 Quote
Best wishes....I know you want to go to full frame, and I know that Pentax is to Canikon as Apple is to Windows, but it seems to me you'll be hard pressed to find any better lenses in any format....no way you can use these in your business?

My heart goes out to you....I wish I had the money....I would adopt your Zeiss for you
I am very hard to find the system like Pentax which I am very pleased with everything except no FF camera lol. If I cannot sell my collection before I come back to my country, I have to use Pentax then run business . Zeiss 100 F2 is a stunning lens that no lens can be replaced

QuoteOriginally posted by dariusmj Quote
I am interested in the da*55!
Pm replied
06-25-2014, 01:30 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 7 (100%)
PM sent for FA77

---------- Post added 26-06-14 at 10:30 ----------

Payment sent for FA77
06-25-2014, 11:24 PM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JayBee451 Quote
PM sent for FA77

---------- Post added 26-06-14 at 10:30 ----------

Payment sent for FA77
Thank you again for your payment!
06-27-2014, 10:23 PM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DogLover Quote
Wow, I definitely feel for you about giving up that Zeiss 100/2. I'm down to the point that I don't really feel like any of my lenses are expendable, but rest assured that my 100/2 would be the absolute LAST lens I would sell. In fact, I would have to be starving or need life-saving medical attention with no other way to pay for it for that to happen. The bokeh of that lens is nothing short of spectacular (the 50/2 does come close, however). I'm in love with it on aps-c, but can you imagine using it on a future FF Pentax, if that ever happens?

I'm not second-guessing you. You gotta do what you gotta do. I'm just saying I know you have to be feeling some misgivings about letting that one go.
I am sorry that I read but forgot to reply you >"<
All you say is true. I am buying this lens because of its fame and also wait for Pentax FF one day. I just don't know how I feel if the lens just sold to someone, I missed it the most. You had this lens, and you know how awesome it is, right? It just cannot be compared to any other lens
06-28-2014, 12:42 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 14 (100%)
I read some reviews and the only thing stopping me is 1:2. If I sell a guitar....maybe.
06-28-2014, 04:05 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 29 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by tabl10s Quote
I read some reviews and the only thing stopping me is 1:2. If I sell a guitar....maybe.
I really wish they had called it "close-focus" instead of Makro, just to eliminate that criticism. I don't do any microscopic-level shots so it's never bothered me. In fact, this is unusually macro for me. Got this by laying on my side in my backyard. I don't think I really nailed the focus because of the weird position I was in. Not much background contrast to show off the bokeh in this shot, though you can sort of see the smoothness of it. I have no idea if this is at the minimum focus distance or not. f/8 Second one is obviously not macro at all, but I just took it the other day at f/2.2 and it has a bit of bokeh to it.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo