PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Sigma 90mm f/2.8 macro (manual focus) w/ A contacts

Asking Price
165.00 USD

Item Location
Savannah, GA (United States)

Item Description
Sigma 90mm macro w/ A contacts. $165 + $13 shipping (USA)

This is a manual-focus macro that goes natively to 1:2 magnification and includes a "life-size" screw-on adapter to get it to 1:1. (Which instructs you to use it at minimum f/8.) This has got to be the most compact macro lens I've seen with a focal length at this range -- even fully extended with the adapter on it is still shorter (and has less girth) than any of the other 90-105 range macros that I can think of. Has 'A' contacts so can use full-matrix metering and all modes on your Pentax DSLR. (Works just like a more modern lens except no AF.) It is also of course a full-frame lens so a good option for film cameras or a future full-frame DSLR.

Solid build quality (metal), in perfect condition, no issues whatsoever. Focus is silky smooth, aperture operation works fine. Sigma lenses of this era are known for sometimes having the lettering rub off somewhat with use, so watch out for that, but it is in flawless shape now.

This lens is fairly scarce -- I didn't even know it existed until I picked up this one. Image quality is great though, certainly one of the most inexpensive options for a true macro lens with an 'A' setting. And did I mention it is very compact?

Comes with generic PKA rear cap and metal screw-on front cap. I will find a filter case for the 1:1 adapter.

$165 + $13 shipping (for USA). International delivery possible -- inquire for price. (Forum track record preferred for outside USA.) Payment is to be via PayPal (I pay fees).

Price firm for now, no haggling please.

Please send PM if interested!

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
13 USA

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Will accept return if not as stated. Please notify within 3 days of delivery of any problems.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 
06-27-2014, 02:19 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 46 (100%)
Have you used the 1:1 adapter at a faster aperture than f8? If so, what affect does it have on IQ?
How does the IQ compare to modern 90-105mm macro lenses?
06-27-2014, 07:02 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 70 (100%)
Original Poster
I'm not sure what that is about -- probably optimized for aberrations but not as much at wide apertures or maybe just since the depth-of-field is so ridiculously tiny at those magnifications they are just telling you to stop it down to get something in focus. Or maybe there is a bit of vignetting when wide-open but since it is a full-frame lens you won't see that on any current Pentax models. In any case, looks fine at wider apertures with the adapter on -- it is a high-quality achromatic adapter.
06-30-2014, 12:15 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
bump.

07-06-2014, 08:01 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
bump.
07-06-2014, 01:26 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 25 (96%)
Bump for a great lens. It was my starter macro before I got my Sigma 105. Get this great lens and adapter, as the adapter on its own is hard to find, and you'll be very happy.
07-13-2014, 03:02 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
sold!