PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
SMC Pentax-DA 40mm F2.8 Limited DA 40

Asking Price
199.00 USD

Item Location
Syracuse, NY (United States)

Item Description
SMC Pentax-DA 40mm F2.8 Limited in good condition. Includes generic front/rear caps and original hood. Body in very good condition. Screw in hood has some scuffs on front. Glass is clean, everything functions as it should. In the first photo you will notice that there is a slight unevenness (not sure what that part of the lens is called). It does not impact focusing or sharpness. Lens is sharp across the frame. Recently upgraded to the HD version.

Free shipping and insurance when shipped CONUS. Signature confirmation added upon request.

Prefer to ship CONUS, please PM about other destinations. Additional shipping fees will apply.

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
Other (See Listing)

Shipping Charge
Included in price

Shipping Services
USPS Priority w/ Insurance

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
If not as described.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by transam879; 11-29-2014 at 09:36 PM.
07-26-2014, 09:55 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 69 (100%)
Original Poster
Bump...
07-27-2014, 06:44 AM   #3
Marketplace Reseller

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
Why is there is a slight unevenness?
07-27-2014, 07:17 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 69 (100%)
Original Poster
Not sure about the unevenness. Noticed it after I purchased it, was concerned about it but when I tested it, in real life and on a resolution chart, it was sharp across the frame so I kept it (instead of returning it). My only guess is maybe an adjustment was made to even out the sharpness across the frame since the 40 Limited tends to be sharper on the left side of the frame (at least according to test results at slrgear.com). Not sure if those types of adjustments or calibrations can be made to a lens but it is the only thing I can think of short of a result of being manufactured that way. Only selling now since I upgraded to the newer HD version which isn't quite as sharp as the smc one I am selling but does offer slightly better contrast, flare resistance and bokeh.

07-29-2014, 01:12 PM   #5
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 11 (100%)
payment made