PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax K-5 for sale with extras

Asking Price
420.00 AUD

Item Location
Sydney (Australia)

Item Description
Up for sale is my trusted Pentax K-5, shutter count 63,288 as of 25/07/2014, still a lot of life left in it. I am the only owner since new. Only selling because of upgrade.

Fully functioning, cosmetically it has some scratches as you would expect from a used camera, particularly in the bottom plate and the hot shoe. A few scratch on the rear LCD because the protective screen I had on it came off mid trip last year and I was not able to replace it, very slight scratch on the top LCD cover too.

It comes with all the item in the retail box, Operating Manual, charger, cables, warranty cards, software CD, the original camera strap is too worn so I will replace it with a brand new wider more comfortable SmugMug Pro strap, plus 2 genuine Pentax batteries, a fast Sony 32GB SDHC card(40mb version, not your slow garden variaty non branded class 10 card).

Plus I will throw in a Tamron 17-50 f2.8, but please be aware that there is an issue with the lens, it is stucked at 17mm. auto focus still works and the image quality is still very good. No scratch on the optics, you can use it as a 17mm f2.8 prime or you can get it fix. Comes with the retail box with everything except for the hood.

$420 for the lot, if you want just the body then it will be $370

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Australia Only

Shipping Charge

Shipping Services
Australia Post

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Other (Elaborate)

Return Policy & Additional Details
Would accept return if the item is DoA or significantly different from listing

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 

Last edited by elpolodiablo; 07-25-2014 at 06:49 AM.
07-25-2014, 09:38 AM   #2
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 7 (100%)
Would you sell the Tamron separately? Can you give more details about the defect and what has been done to resolve it?
07-25-2014, 03:50 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 23 (100%)
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by alwilliams Quote
Would you sell the Tamron separately? Can you give more details about the defect and what has been done to resolve it?
Yes I would consider selling it separately, the problem is exactly the same as described here

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/10-pentax-slr-lens-discussion/263134-tamr...zoom-fail.html

I haven't done anything to it myself, I just used it as a 17mm prime. After seeing some success with DIY repair I might be tempted to give it a go actually.

------------------------------------------Edit-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just noticed that you are in the States, I have to state on the outset that I am in Australia and the postage for parcel to US is rather high.

Last edited by elpolodiablo; 07-25-2014 at 03:56 PM.
07-25-2014, 03:58 PM   #4
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 7 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by elpolodiablo Quote
Yes I would consider selling it separately, the problem is exactly the same as described here

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/10-pentax-slr-lens-discussion/263134-tamr...zoom-fail.html

I haven't done anything to it myself, I just used it as a 17mm prime. After seeing some success with DIY repair I might be tempted to give it a go actually.

------------------------------------------Edit-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just noticed that you are in the States, I have to state on the outset that I am in Australia and the postage for parcel to US is rather high.
Yeah, just noticed you are in Australia

07-26-2014, 05:16 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 23 (100%)
Original Poster
Body under offer elsewhere, once payment is received I will mark this as sold.