PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax K1000 and F 35-80mm 4-5.6

Asking Price
45.00 USD

Item Location
Lancaster, PA (United States)

Item Description
Pentax K1000 and F 35-80mm 4-5.6: I was almost done posting this to an auction when eBay had a laugh, errored, and lost all my progress. I took it as a sign maybe I should just see if anybody would want this simple combo for a student learning photography.

The K1000 is in good working order and in overall good cosmetic condition. There is some paint loss in the black finish, mostly on the sides where the camera is held and a fair amount around the viewfinder. A few minor nicks in the aluminum finish. The body is clean and has good seals. The meter works and will come with an A76 battery installed, although it will likely need replacing eventually (they are cheap and can be found anywhere watch batteries are sold). Shutter works great.

The lens is in good working condition - glass is clean and free of blemishes and scratches. There is some internal dust, but it's nothing that will affect image quality. Cosmetically, the lens is in good condition with most signs of handling around the focus ring. Note that this is an -F lens, so it would have auto focus capability on an AF body. Obviously, auto focus won't work on a manual camera like the K1000, but the AF option is there in the event the user upgrades to a newer body.

The camera body will come with its original body cap and a strap. The lens will come with its original front and rear caps. Both will ship with original boxes and manuals.

Using non-priority USPS the shipping would be anywhere from about $8 to $13, depending on where you are in the US.

This is a shot in the dark, I don't know what the demand is for full manual cameras is. Nevertheless, the K1000 and similar models are fantastic cameras for learning - perfect for a high school student taking photography this year. I'll leave this up for a day or so before proceeding with my original auction plan.

Thanks!

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
Continental U.S. Only

Shipping Charge
varies

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
No returns please

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!