930.00 USD

Item Location
Melbourne (Australia)

Item Description
I am selling three Pentax SMC DA Limited lenses:
  • DA 15 [$400]
  • DA 40 [$230]
  • DA 70 [$370]
That is $1000 when sold individually. You will hardly find a better price for these three true gems of Pentax lenses.
To sweeten the deal, if you buy all three at once, you get them for $930 (that is $70 saved). If you are nearby, want to arrange meeting and pay with cash, you get them for $900 AUD. So how about that?

Such a deal you will not find anywhere! That is three legendary DA Limited lenses for less than a price of one FA 31 Limited lens — even a used one!

Think about it.

DA Limited lenses need no introduction, so I will not bother you with lengthy description of each. I presume you are serious and know already. Anyone who knows anything about Pentax knows they are among the best lenses Pentax has ever made. They take your photography to a level you never dreamed of. I have taken great care of mine, using them very carefully, keeping them in their pouches at all times (yes, you will get three pouches as well).

I have taken hundreds of pictures with each, had no problems, and was always perfectly happy. So why am I selling them? The reason I am selling them is because I am shifting away from digital photography altogether, and going back to basics — to film, most likely medium format — and to traditional art techniques. I admit, I am getting old. I am tired of being digital photographer anymore and I wish to be an artist. I was trained as a classical artists and I miss that. I miss film. I wish each image I create is unique and only film processing can guarantee me that. I am following the path of my hero Henri Cartier Bresson, who gave up photography in his later age despite being best photographer in the world, and he came back to classical art.

So, I would wish that those three beautiful DA Ltd princesses continue their creative life, that they are well cared for, and used with joy by someone who is really passionate about photography and Pentax. And you can have them, for a bargain compared to their new RRPs, or some other offer on the web.

I understand many people would wish to grab them individually, but I also encourage people to stop and think for a moment, think really hard, and grab all three at once — even if you already have some of those lenses. Why? Backup is not a bad thing if you are passionate about photography, and you will never get a new chance to find any of these lenses again in such a great condition, and at such a good price.

PS. I have just checked the price on BHPhoto, and a collection of these (but in HD coating and damned rounded blades, which eliminate much of original charm) would cost you: $696 + $546 + $746, which is $2000 dollars. And that is what I mean — if you wish to buy them again for whatever reason, you will spend twice as much on each!

PPS. I wish you respect mine time and yours, and I shall deal only with serious people. If from the messages or posts I see someone is not serious, I am not going to waste my time.

IN SHORT: I expect you will commit to buy when you contact me. I also expect you will be prompt. I am sending lenses worldwide, and I will use service which provides tracking. To be advised about cost in advance, use this calculator: Postage calculator - Australia Post

I can post more images and information if needed, but this is all for now. Ask anything you want to know more about.
Thank you very much for your attention.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
Calculated

Shipping Services
Registered

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Other (Elaborate)

Return Policy & Additional Details
Basically no returns, as the items are exactly as specified -- in perfect working order and in excellent condition. So please do not buy if you want to change your mind in a few days. In short, I want to deal with passionate photographers, not mind-changing kids. I apologise if I sound too direct, but I am old and have little time to waste on nonsense.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 

Last edited by Uluru; 08-31-2014 at 06:46 AM.
08-31-2014, 10:22 AM   #2

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
PM sent for 15Ltd
08-31-2014, 05:35 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Just another bump and an advice; postage for sending one lens or two lenses is same — as DA Limiteds are very light weight lenses. So consider that. Choosing two lenses instead of one will save you money and increase your photography enjoyment. Any of these lenses are excellent two-lens combos, and that is how I have bought them. DA15 is perfect with DA40, DA40 is perfect with DA70, etc. With all three, you have one unbeatable package and quality. Only Leica lenses can compare with these Limiteds (and at a 5x the price).
09-02-2014, 11:55 PM   #4

Feedback Score: 7 (100%)
PM sent

09-03-2014, 05:36 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
DA15 now gone.
09-04-2014, 05:26 AM   #6

Hi there,

I am interested in your da 70. I would have liked the 15 too but it seems I'm too late...
How would you describe the condition of the 70?
I'm just in Sydney so reasonably local.

Thanks Jordi
09-07-2014, 07:32 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
DA70 now gone too.