Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-08-2014, 06:41 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 30 (100%)
Seagull 1x-2x Right Angle Finder for Pentax, Canon, Nikon, and Leica SLR cameras

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Seagull 1x-2x Right Angle Finder for Pentax, Canon, Nikon, and Leica SLR cameras

Asking Price
25.00 USD

Item Location
Lancaster, PA (United States)

Item Description
Seagull 1x-2x Right Angle Finder for Pentax, Canon, Nikon, and Leica SLR cameras - $25: I'm selecting a few items which haven't been getting much use to subsidize a Pentax Forums donation. I found the right angle finder most useful in macro situations when I had the camera particularly low to the ground or some other awkward position which made using the native viewfinder difficult.

The eyepiece swivels at the base to allow the user to change the orientation, matching the landscape or portrait orientation of the camera. There are click stops along the swivel positions, but the eyepiece is perfectly useable between these positions (i.e. you can put it at pretty much any position along a 360 arc - yes, you could even use it with the camera upside-down!). As the name suggests, the finder can be set to a normal 1x magnification of your camera viewfinder, or 2x for critical details. The eyepiece has a diopter which is turned to suit the user's eyesight.

The Seagull is used with various camera models through an adapter for the particular brand of your camera. You slide the eyecup off the VF of your camera and replace it with the right-angle finder and appropriate adapter.The Pentax adapter works for both film and digital models - I've used it on my K-5ii and K-7, as well as my old *ist 35mm. There are two adapters for Canon, one labeled 18mm and the other labeled 22mm. It appears the 22mm adapter works with Canon's EOS DSLRs, as the label includes model numbers such as 350D, D60, 20D, and so on. The 18mm adapter is for EOS film bodies (label includes models such as the 88QD and 300D). I can't comment on the compatibility with Canon's full-frame or pro models, but the adapter size corresponds with the width of the destination camera's VF collar. There is only one Nikon adapter, 22mm, and it lists both digital and film models - D100, D70, F65, and so on. There is only one Leica adapter with no additional information, and I don't know the history of Leica's bodies and how the viewfinders may have changed over time.

The angle finder is in overall excellent condition - very few signs of handling, as it didn't get used very much. Glass is perfect. The adapters are all in great shape - the Pentax is the only one ever used.

The Seagull will come in its original box with the aforementioned adapters and a carrying pouch (not pictured, sorry) which has loops for securing on your belt.

As one reviewer noted, the one quirk about using the Seagull is the user much re-adjust the diopter after switching from one magnification setting to the other. I always used my camera viewfinder's composition guides to quickly find the proper focus. Doesn't take much time at all once one gets used to the operation.

I'm asking a flat $6 to cover PayPal and USPS shipping. I'll happily ship with FedEx upon request, but I would need to get back to the buyer with an adjusted shipping cost.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Continental U.S. Only

Shipping Charge

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Items must be returned in same condition as originally sent (i.e. as they appear in the original sale photos). Buyer must return items within 7 days of original receipt. Buyer pays return shipping, and shipping must include the appropriate insurance coverage for the value of the item. Please contact me before returning items.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

09-09-2014, 05:22 AM   #2

Feedback Score: 24 (100%)
pm sent
09-09-2014, 06:32 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 30 (100%)
Original Poster
Sold pending payment.