PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
SMC Pentax-FA 1:1.8 77mm Limited

Asking Price
650.00 USD

Item Location
Good (United States)

Item Description
Gosh, I love this lens. I'm really sad to sell it, but I had to buy a new (used) computer and I need to cover that cost. The 77 Limited needs no introduction, but I can't help but give it one. It's small for its focal length and brightness - only a little bit taller than an M 50 f/1.4 and it has the same filter diameter as the 50mm: 49mm. But the main draw is the FA Limited image quality. It somehow manages to render both sharp and beautiful at the same time. It gives subjects, particularly faces, a realistic, three-dimensional quality that goes beyond what's explainable by depth of field. Portraits shot with other lenses look like pictures of people. Portraits shot with the FA 77 look like those people. If you don't believe in lens pixie dust, you haven't used one of these lenses.

Condition: There are a few scratches in the finish of the lens barrel just to the left of the distance scale, hence the "Good" rating. These were there when I bought the lens. There are no marks on the glass. There is no fungus. The aperture blades, aperture ring, and focus work as they should. This lens works nicely for manual focus because it has a somewhat longer throw than most AF lenses. It's reasonably quick for autofocus too. It comes with push-on front cap, a B + W filter (in fair condition), a side-pinch lens cap (for when using the filter), and the leather pouch. NO BOX.

I will consider a partial trade for a Rokinon (or Samyang or Vivitar or Bower) 85mm f/1.4, as well as an SMC Takumar 85 f/1.8 or 1.9.

Price includes PayPal and domestic Priority Mail shipping. If you want a different shipping method or you are outside of the US, you cover the shipping costs in full. Price is firm.

Oh, pictures of the lens:

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling or Trading

Item Condition (Key)
New

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
Free priority mail to continental US

Shipping Services
Priority Mail, UPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
You can return it if you feel that I've misrepresented the item. Buyer pays return shipping and, like Adorama, my original cost of shipping will be subtracted from the refund.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
09-08-2014, 07:39 PM   #2