Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-12-2008, 04:46 PM   #1

Feedback Score: 15 (100%)
[SOLD] Brand NEW Flashwaves Wireless Trigger Sets

Flashwaves are regularly priced at $170 for a set of 1 transmitter and 1 receiver or $260 for one transmitter and 2 receivers. See G9Chon - FlashWaves.

Price: $150 for set of 1 transmitter and 1 receiver. $230 for a set with 2 receivers.

How? Group buy. I'm looking to get a couple more receivers and looking for folks interested in buying as a group. Looking for folks in Washington DC area. I'm in Arlington VA. If I can get about 10 interested people to order about $1500, we can get them at that price. I can order them and then we can all meet for a shoot somewhere in DC or Arlington and I can distribute them. So, it's a chance to meet as well as a chance to get some good price on Flashwaves.

To save on the cost to the max, I'll take payment by GoogleCheckout only, unless you are willing to pay for PayPal fees.

Please PM me if you are interested. I want to get them before the end of the month. So, please let me know by the Memorial Day weekend.

You can see some good detailed pictures of Flashwaves here: Flickr: G9Chon.com's Photostream

Last edited by Genes Pentax; 05-13-2008 at 11:02 AM.
05-12-2008, 07:10 PM   #2

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
interesting trigger! i can honestly say I've never seen it before, but it looks like a cheaper pocket wizard alternative.
05-12-2008, 07:12 PM   #3
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
They are actually very good, if I may say so myself...

Great opportunity for anyone who wants to get into the triggering world..
05-13-2008, 12:15 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 8 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by ranamar Quote
Great opportunity for anyone who wants to get into the triggering world..
AND that lives near Washington DC

05-13-2008, 04:16 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 13 (100%)
Sorry Gene, they're really NOT giving you that much of a discount. What's 20 bucks off $170.

There is a huge mark-up on electronics. You're doing more work and marketing for FlashWaves than their reps, at least in Canada and probly the US.

Even I've been thinking of getting these - thanks to you - but NOT yet.
05-13-2008, 11:00 AM   #6

Original Poster
who's marking up on electronics?

QuoteOriginally posted by JCSullivan Quote
Sorry Gene, they're really NOT giving you that much of a discount. What's 20 bucks off $170.

There is a huge mark-up on electronics. You're doing more work and marketing for FlashWaves than their reps, at least in Canada and probly the US.

Even I've been thinking of getting these - thanks to you - but NOT yet.
Well, 20 bucks off of $170 is over 10% discount. I think that's a good discount. Try getting that from B&H!

I suspect that there's huge mark-up on electronics in Canada. I mean your Canadian stores (at least the ones I called) are selling these for $240 and $250 (NOT including shipping) for what g9chon guys are selling for $170!!! Hmmm... who is marking up on electronics? So, g9chon guys' price is 1/2 of what Canadian stores are charging. For what the Canadian stores are charging, you can get from g9chon a set with 2 receivers!

I also checked prices of these in Korea. They normally go for $160. So, $170 including shipping to the US is a good price. $20 discount on top of that is a great price.

Gene

p.s. -- JC, so ... if your objection is that there's huge mark up on electronics, do you not buy them for that reason? I guess you are using a public library computer to post stuff here, heh?

p.p.s. -- let me tell you about Pentax mark ups. I bought my DA 14mm for $600. Then I dropped it and sent it to Pentax USA for repair. They sent me a new lens instead because it was cheaper than trying to repair my lens. What did Pentax charge me for a new replacement lens? $200. And I'm pretty sure they didn't lose money on that transaction. But that doesn't stop me from buying Pentax or other electronics items. And I don't fret about it. But when someone is willing to give a good deal, I take advantage of it.

Last edited by Genes Pentax; 05-13-2008 at 11:25 AM.
05-14-2008, 06:48 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 13 (100%)
Wow Gene, sorry to see you went off into a tizzy just because I said you weren't getting a good discount - fair enough I suppose, if you think its worth it.
05-17-2008, 06:04 PM   #8

Original Poster
bump ...

anyone ... anyone? I guess there aren't a whole lot of Pentax users in the DC area.