Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-21-2014, 05:57 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 39 (100%)
Sony A7 + PK and M42 adapters + Extras (PRICE REDUCED)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Sony A7 + PK and M42 adapters + Extras

Asking Price
$1,225 USD $1,150.00 USD

Item Location
Maryland (United States)

Item Description
For your consideration:

One Sony A7 full frame mirrorless camera, including box and all original accessories/paperwork. Camera is in excellent shape with no scratches, dents or other blemishes. I can't figure a way to get the exact shutter count. I've tried all the normal avenues through various EXIF viewers and it doesn't seem to be there. I have had the camera since January and have shot it along side my Pentax and Micro 4/3 cameras (so it wasn't the only camera I was using... ie, less overall shutter action.) UPDATE: I found the shutter actuations count and it is 1,790.

Also included in the sale is one PK-NEX adapter (no aperture ring.. ie only for K/M/A/FA style lenses) and two M42(screwmount)-NEX adapter. These adapters are the $12 ebay kind... don't remember the specific seller/brand. I've been happy with the photos I got using them.

I am also including a wall charger with two 3rd party batteries (these are in addition to the one Sony battery included with the camera.) The stock A7 only comes with a mini-usb power cord plug that charges the battery in camera, so having the wall charger is a useful accessory in my opinion (and it works just great with both the stock and 3rd party batteries.) Note: some reviewers of the charger said the clips that hold the battery in place during charging can break off easily. I can see this as the plastic is not very thick on them. However, I've just taken note of this and been mindful of how I store it and haven't seen any issues.

So, I have been using this basically as a digital spotmatic. More than 80% of the time I've used my collection of Takumars on this camera. In fact, it was just a couple of weeks ago that the camera had its first AF lens mounted (the FE 55mm 1.8, which a co-worker let me borrow during a break at work.) I feel like a lot of the character of the Taks comes through in the photos and I've just been loving the photos. Even shooting video with the camera, the Takumars are excellent for smooth focus. The biggest downsides for me would be that the small lenses don't feel so small once you put the adapters on. The only reason I am selling is because I have just become a new dad and I have a lot of camera stuff and only so much time to use it... and some extra funds won't hurt. Having the "full frame Spotmatic" has been fun, but a luxury and I hope down the road to come back to it, but for now it's time to go.
My feedback is great and I'm not doing this as a business... just a photographer looking to pass along stuff to another photographer. I am pricing to sell but I'm not desperate. Feel free to make offers if you really feel the price doesn't match what it should, but I reserve the right to sell to someone else who is paying asking price if we're still negotiating. Thanks for looking!

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Continental U.S. Only

Shipping Charge
USPS Priority Mail Included

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
I accept returns in the first seven days if anything is not as described.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by sunny16; 09-30-2014 at 06:45 AM.
09-21-2014, 08:46 PM   #2

Feedback Score: 15 (100%)
Any chance you have posted pics from this A7+Pentax lenses somewhere?
09-22-2014, 05:47 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hello Aseno. I don't have anything currently posted anywhere but I can upload a few photos later today. Thanks for your interest!
09-22-2014, 07:14 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 15 (94%)
Here's some pics on my A7 If you don't mind the the help Pentax-M 3.5/28mm

Pentax-K 1.2/50mm On my A7

09-22-2014, 08:21 AM   #5

Feedback Score: 15 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by Sliver-Surfer Quote
Here's some pics on my A7 If you don't mind the the help Pentax-M 3.5/28mm

Pentax-K 1.2/50mm On my A7
Thanks Sliver Surfer!
09-22-2014, 05:43 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Silver Surfer!

Here is a link to a flickr album with 9 photos I grabbed. Lens used is in the description.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/48685678@N04/sets/72157647510178060/

Here are some small sized previews (which are also clickable and will take you to the album):

09-27-2014, 01:12 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Bump. It's a great camera and can use most lenses ever made via an adapter.

09-30-2014, 06:07 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Price Reduction! Now $1150

---------- Post added 09-30-14 at 06:28 PM ----------

Sold on ebay $1,199.00

Thanks everyone for looking!