Pentax DA 16-45mm with hood

Asking Price
200.00 USD

Item Location
Montreal (Canada)

Item Description
Up for sale is my Pentax DA 16-45mm f4.

Why I am selling
I love that lens and I'm only selling because I decided to get a dedicate UWA lens and that I have the Tamron 17-50mm 2.8 to cover normal zoom range. I have been using the 16-45mm for about 3 years and it has been my go to lens for variety of shots. At 16mm, it's great - a lot wider than the 18mm you'd get on a kit lens - it's sharp and it keeps distortion well under control. I have used this lens for a couple of weddings, so I will post some randoms pics I took with it because I know some people like to see the lens in action. Those pictures are coming later in the weekend.

Item description
The lens is in excellent condition. It shows some sign of use, but no sign of abuse that I can see. Both the front and rear element are in great shape. There are probably a few dust specks in with the lens, although I don't notice many and it definitely doesn't affect IQ.
The lens comes with a generic lens hood, front and rear cap.
The lens hood is the screw type and need to be screwed in pretty much all the way in to avoid vignetting at 16mm. I usually leave the hood on the lens all the time as the lens cap is the center pinch type, so I can easily put it and remove it from the lens while the hood is on.
If you put a filter on lens and then screw the lens hood on the filter, I would think that you would get vignetting at 16mm.

Price
200USD plus actual shipping (10$ to Canada and around 13$ to the US)

I ship tracked and ensured, all the time. I also mark the value of the item on the package

I accept paypal and interact money transfer (if you are Canadian).

Pictures of the lens (open the flickr album for higher res file)

Pictures taken with the lens
Some PP done, but mostly regarding exposure, dodging and burning as well as some sharpening. The shot at 16mm is pretty much SOOC.
(sorry for the huge watermark)
I'm also sorry for the exif data not showing on the last two pictures. I don't have access to my original file right now (long story), so those 2 are exported file from which I had removed the exif.

#1 Good lens for landscape and wide angle shot : At 16mm

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
10USD

Shipping Services
Canada Post

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Other (Elaborate)

Return Policy & Additional Details
Item may be returned within 10 days. Buyer pays all shipping.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

---------- Post added 10-06-14 at 07:45 PM ----------

Bump for what I consider a big update to the kit lens

Last edited by kp0c; 10-08-2014 at 04:55 PM.
10-08-2014, 04:59 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 65 (100%)
Original Poster
bump - send me a pm!