Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-22-2014, 08:27 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 96 (100%)
Pentax K-3 (sold) / Pentax DFA 100mm f.28 WR Macro

I am the second owner of the camera. I bought it a couple of weeks ago right before finding out that I need hand surgery for a repetitive stress injury. The camera was originally purchased in March 2014 and is under warranty until March 2015. A copy of the purchase receipt will be included. The camera has a shutter count of 10, 488 (see picture of shutter count below). The camera functions beautifully without hiccups or shutter issues. It is in good cosmetic shape, but has a few minor scuffs at the bottom edge of the body (see photos). These occurred because the camera has been used rather than just admired. The camera will come with its box, battery, charger, manual and software. I cannot find the original camera strap. I never use them and darned if I can remember where I put it away so I would not lose it :-) The firmware is up to date. Asking $725. SOLD

I am also selling my Pentax DFA 100mm f2.8 WR Macro, which was purchased several months ago from another forum member. It is in excellent condition without blemish to the lens coatings, haze, oil or fungus. It will come with its box, case, hood and caps. Asking $475 Reduced to $450

I am not leaving Pentax, but I will not be able to use a DSLR for a few months and someone else may as well enjoy this amazing camera and lens (they are a knock out when used together).

PayPal fees are included in the asking price. PayPal is preferred, but no echecks please. Shipping is also included for domestic buyers. International buyers will receive a $15 credit toward the actual shipping cost (PM me for a cost quote). I ship USPS Priority Mail with insurance, tracking and signature confirmation. For your protection and mine I will only ship to a confirmed PayPal address. Please send me a PM if you have any questions.

The camera is still under warranty, so no returns accepted. I will accept return of the lens only if it is not as described and the buyer pays return shipping.

Thanks for looking!

---------- Post added 10-23-14 at 08:27 PM ----------

The K-3 has been sold. The DFA WR Macro is still available.

Last edited by loveisageless; 08-04-2017 at 08:15 PM.
10-24-2014, 02:30 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
Argh. Lisa: I killed my K3 by drowning in Florida two weeks ago. AND that 100mm macro is top of my lens wish list.

So - if ONLY you had offered this combo two weeks earlier, I would not have paid over $600 for a K5II body plus overnight shipping from KEH, I would still own a K3 (*sob*), AND I would have a macro lens!

Reality has awful timing!

Anyways, now I am broke and back in Europe. But here is a bump at least, and good luck with the sale.
10-24-2014, 09:43 PM   #3

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Pm sent
10-27-2014, 07:38 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 96 (100%)
Original Poster
PM replied to. The lens is still available with a price reduction to $450 shipped and Paypal'd (domestic). International buyer - PayPal fee included . You will receive a credit toward the actual shipping cost.

---------- Post added 10-28-14 at 09:53 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by MetteHHH Quote
Argh. Lisa: I killed my K3 by drowning in Florida two weeks ago. AND that 100mm macro is top of my lens wish list.

So - if ONLY you had offered this combo two weeks earlier, I would not have paid over $600 for a K5II body plus overnight shipping from KEH, I would still own a K3 (*sob*), AND I would have a macro lens!

Reality has awful timing!

Anyways, now I am broke and back in Europe. But here is a bump at least, and good luck with the sale.
Thanks for the bump and good wishes. I actually think the dynamic range is much better on the K5 II and IIS than with the K-3 (I've had both).

10-29-2014, 03:44 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by loveisageless Quote
PM replied to. The lens is still available with a price reduction to $450 shipped and Paypal'd (domestic). International buyer - PayPal fee included . You will receive a credit toward the actual shipping cost.

---------- Post added 10-28-14 at 09:53 PM ----------

Thanks for the bump and good wishes. I actually think the dynamic range is much better on the K5 II and IIS than with the K-3 (I've had both).
Yes - the K5II is a fine camera. What I miss most though is the K3 autofocus. For the first time ever I wasn't struggling with birds in flight. The AF button on the back was in just the right place for the layout of my hands too... I WILL get a new K3 at some point. Possibly with the new 16-85mm standard zoom as a budget replacement for my drowned 50-135mm DA*.

Eventually I want a 100mm f2.8 macro too! I think it is a fine lens, so someone who did not recently drown their camera gear should be quick and strike now! Bump!

---------- Post added 10-29-14 at 06:59 AM ----------

Sorry - I do know the marketplace rules, but I always took that section to mean "no haggling in the thread". I think I have seen plenty of comments along the lines of "good deal" before. I had no intention of offending anyone (can't really see how my comment could have anyway), and since I am NOT looking to buy, all I wanted was to offer Lisa's thread a "bump".

Possibly, it was the use of the word "p***e" in itself? I will try to avoid the "p-word" henceforth!

Last edited by Tom S.; 10-29-2014 at 06:46 AM. Reason: Price comments removed.
10-29-2014, 09:38 AM   #6

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
PM Sent