Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-11-2014, 10:51 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 17 (100%)
Prices Slashed - A few 28mm Manual Focus Primes [135mm SOLD]

The holiday season is approaching, so I am making some room for a few new lenses.
These are all manual-focus, manual-aperture lenses with K-mount.
PayPal only, please. I pay the PayPal fees.
Price includes USPS Priority Mail shipping to your PayPal verified USA address.
All prices are negotiable. Feel free to make an offer by Private Message.
The advertised $75 price is for all four remaining lenses together, PayPal & Priority Mail included.

RICOH XR RIKENON 1:2.8 28mm $35 (includes postage & PayPal)
This is a very sharp lens. As such, it has been well-loved and heavily used for 30 years. It is also larger and heavier than other 28mm lenses.
Optically, it is in perfect shape. Glass is clean, no haze or fungus. Aperture blades clean & snappy.
Mechanically, it is in excellent shape. Solid aluminum build. Focus is nice and tight.
Cosmetically, it shows its age. There is obvious wear on the front edge of the focus ring, as well as visible wear in other protruding places.
Honestly, as good as this lens is, I would have priced it higher if it weren't for that rub-spot. Use your savings to buy a Sharpie marker.
Front & rear caps are included.

MC AUTO CPC PHASE 2 CCT 28mm MACRO 1:2.8 $27 (includes postage & PayPal)
Everything you always wanted in a 28mm, plus "Macro" 1:10 to 1:4.
Optically, it is in perfect shape. Glass is clean, no haze or fungus. Aperture blades clean & snappy.
Mechanically, it is in excellent shape. Solid aluminum build. No grinding or rattling.
Focus throw is amazing at nearly 360 degrees, and buttery smooth through every one of those degrees.
Cosmetically, it is in "lightly used" condition. There is some wear visible on protruding surfaces.
Front and rear caps are included. The front cap is original and fancy. The rear cap may be original, maybe not.

BELL & HOWELL 1:2.8 f=28mm $20 (includes postage & PayPal)
This is an adequate 28mm lens. Its not as sharp as the XR RIKENON and doesn't close-focus like the Macro, but its wide on my KX.
Optically, its in perfect shape. No marks or haze or fungus. Aperture is clean and snappy.
Mechanically it is in excellent shape. It is all aluminum and focuses smoothly.
Cosmetically, this lens is in excellent condition. There is a tiny bit of wear on the knurling of the aperture ring.
Front and rear caps included.

SMC PENTAX-M 1:3.5 135mm $35 SOLD (includes postage & PayPal)
This is the first lens I ever bought (besides the 50mm that came with the K1000). Everyone with a K body camera should own one.
Optically, it is in perfect shape. Not a mark or smear on the glass. No haze or fungus. Aperture blades are like new.
Mechanically it is in excellent condition. Focus is tight & smooth. The built-in hood stays where you put it.
Cosmetically, only a tiny bit of wear on the knurling of the aperture ring and the hood. Otherwise it looks new.
Original front & rear caps included. Also includes a 49mm haze filter.

TAKUMAR (BAYONET) 1:2.5 135mm$49 SOLD (includes postage & PayPal)
This lens is larger, heavier, faster, prettier, and optically superior* to the M-135 3.5.
Optically it is in perfect condition. It has had a filter on it forever so the front glass has rarely tasted fresh air.
Mechanically it is in excellent condition. Focus is tight & smooth. Blades are like new.
Cosmetically it is in excellent condition. There is one teeny-tiny ding above the second A in TAKUMAR, plus a tiny amount of wear on the knurling of the aperture ring. Otherwise, this lens looks new to me. The colorful markings are all clear and bright.
The included front & rear caps are both Asahi / Pentax Japan caps, but I don't know if they were original to this lens. Filter is 52mm Morris 1A (not pictured).
* In my testing of the M-135 3.5, A-135 2.8, and Takumar 135 2.5, the A won (hence it is not for sale), the Takumar was almost identical to the A, and the M only came in third because of green fringing at the edges shooting wide-open in bright sunlight (all three had hoods deployed).

Last edited by AquaDome; 11-19-2014 at 10:27 AM. Reason: prices slashed, sold 135s
11-13-2014, 06:40 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
The Takumar 135mm is sold.
Prices are negotiable.
11-15-2014, 11:55 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Prices reduced. Complete your film lens kit with a 28mm & 135mm.
11-15-2014, 12:34 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
Let me put a word in for the Rikenon 28 2.8... I've had Pentax-M 28 2.8 and Pentax-A... both SMC... but in the end I sold both and kept the Rikenon. It's not sharp to the edges until 5.6 but the center is super sharp from 2.8. And the colors, incredibly, please me much more than the Pentax 28s I've had. I love those Rikenons.

I've also had the Takumar 135 2.5. I should have kept it and sold my SMC-A 135 2.8. It was just as sharp, the colors were pleasing and natural (even if not as contrasty as the SMC version), and it actually resisted flare better than my SMC version.

The 135 3.5 that is left is, by a lot of accounts, better than both. Just a bit slower, but I've seen it being incredibly sharp wide open - something the A 135 2.8 definitely isn't.

11-17-2014, 07:14 PM   #5

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
PM sent
11-19-2014, 10:30 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
M 135/3.5 has been sold.
Prices on 28mm lenses has been reduced again.
11-30-2014, 12:57 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
All items have been sold. Thank you very much.