PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
For Sale or Trade: Pentax K-3/ Grip/ and Pentax F 35-70mm

Asking Price
725.00 USD

Item Location
Oakland, CA (United States)

Item Description
I am regretfully selling my new K-3 with grip. I need to purchase a PC so I can use the voice activated software my employer has provided for my carpal tunnel syndrome. I need to practice at home and my home computer is a MacBook Pro which I do not want to give up. The software works on a Mac, but the tutorial software is not compatible. I would be very interested in a trade for a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 with the 4GB 128GB solid state drive configuration and would add cash to the deal. The K-3 was purchased recently from Adorama and has a shutter count of 382. The grip has never been taken out of the box. The receipt will be included with the sale. I am including a copy of the Pentax F 35 - 70mm f/3.5 -4.5 lens along with the camera. The glass is blemish free and it is in good working order. I recently sold my K-5 IIS because of my hands. I thought they were getting better so bought a K-3, but alas I apparently was kidding myself. I am not giving up on photography or Pentax and will keep my DFA 100mm WR macro and my F 28mm f/2.8 in the hope that once I am able to give my hands a rest using the software at work, they will improve enough to make using a DSLR comfortable again. I just don't like electronic view finders enough to switch to a lighter weight mirror-less body and find using live view awkward and difficult in bright sunlight. The excellent optical view finders on Pentax DSLRs have spoiled me, I guess.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling or Trading

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Mint

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
Included domestic, $10 credit toward shipping for international buyer.

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail with Insurance and Tracking

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Camera and grip are a little over a month old and are both still under warranty. Receipt will be included with sale.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 6  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 6  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 6  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 6  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 6  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 

Last edited by loveisageless; 11-22-2014 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Added pictures of camera and taken with camera/add shutter count
11-22-2014, 03:51 AM   #2

Feedback Score: 5 (100%)
PM Sent
11-22-2014, 04:03 AM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 7 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by loveisageless Quote
PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
For Sale or Trade: Pentax K-3/ Grip/ and Pentax F 35-70mm

Asking Price
725.00 USD

Item Location
Oakland, CA (United States)

Item Description
I am regretfully selling my new K-3 with grip. I need to purchase a PC so I can use the voice activated software my employer has provided for my carpal tunnel syndrome. I need to practice at home and my home computer is a MacBook Pro which I do not want to give up. The software works on a Mac, but the tutorial software is not compatible. I would be very interested in a trade for a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 with the 8GB 256GB solid state drive configuration and would add cash to the deal. The K-3 was purchased recently from Adorama and has less than 1,000 shutter count. The grip has never been taken out of the box. The receipt will be included with the sale. I am including a copy of the Pentax F 35 - 70mm f/3.5 -4.5 lens along with the camera. The glass is blemish free and it is in good working order. I recently sold my K-5 IIS because of my hands. I thought they were getting better so bought a K-3, but alas I apparently was kidding myself. I am not giving up on photography or Pentax and will keep my DFA 100mm WR macro and my F 28mm f/2.8 in the hope that once I am able to give my hands a rest using the software at work, they will improve enough to make using a DSLR comfortable again. I just don't like electronic view finders enough to switch to a lighter weight mirror-less body and find using live view awkward and difficult in bright sunlight. The excellent optical view finders on Pentax DSLRs have spoiled me, I guess.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling or Trading

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Mint

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
Included domestic, $10 credit toward shipping for international buyer.

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail with Insurance and Tracking

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Camera and grip are a little over a month old and are both still under warranty. Receipt will be included with sale.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!
Have you looked at Dragon Dictate or the like?

http://shop.nuance.com/store?Action=DisplayPage&Env=BASE&Locale=en_AU&SiteID...FQxwvAodlLcAGA

Can you afford this and keep your camera?

All the best
11-22-2014, 08:52 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 92 (100%)
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wild Mark Quote
Have you looked at Dragon Dictate or the like?

Nuance APAC Store Online Store - Dragon Dictate for Mac 4

Can you afford this and keep your camera?

All the best
Hi,
Thanks for writing. My employer has purchased Dragon Naturally Speaking. They have a contract with a company that provides a proprietary tutorial program which is not Mac compatible. I can install Windows 8 on my Mac (and use the tutorial on it) with Boot Camp, but the software and an optical drive to do it will cost me about $400. Since it is painful to use a camera right now, I thought selling it and banking the remainder for a future (I hope) camera would be the best way to go. Daylight is scarce after work this time of year and it is the rainy season here in California (finally!), so I thought this is the time of year I would miss my camera the least :-) It is the best approach I can come up with to avoid having to go out on disability. There just is not enough time to practice and be productive at the same time while at work.

11-24-2014, 10:21 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
PM sent...

Kind regards.

Paul
11-24-2014, 12:39 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 29 (100%)
Hi Loveisageless,
Wishing you well as you navigate these challenges. You have had kind words for me on more than one occasion.
I'll keep my eye out on this post. If someone else doesn't take advantage of this great offer, I'll double check the Santa budget.
Best,
Michael
11-24-2014, 05:42 PM   #7

Feedback Score: 5 (100%)
Payment sent, 24th November