PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
K-5II for Parts

Asking Price
150.00 USD

Item Location
Las Vegas (United States)

Item Description
So my K-5II got broken in a fall and I have decided that I am going to make the jump to a K-3 soon or sell everything and focus on trying to make it on the PGA tour. I'd like to offset the cost of the new body if at all possible. I realize there may not be a huge market for broken cameras but I thought I would put this out there for anyone who is interested.
The camera still powers on, perhaps this is the reason I think it may be of use to someone. The shutter still fires when the button is pushed. The camera body is cracked near the top LCD screen, there are some scratches on the SD card slot door, the lens mount ring was pulled/stressed in the fall so where it normally sits flush with the camera body housing all the way around; at approximately the 4 or 5 o'clock position it is pulled out 1-2mm's.
I was able to get the lens off the camera without too much trouble but it was not as smooth as it should be but then again the mount end of the lens was severely bent as well. I have the box and paperwork for the camera if the buyer really wants it. I don't think I'll be including the battery and charger in the sale since they will be of use to me with my K-01 and whatever camera I get in the future.

Let me know if you have any other questions and PM me if seriously interested. I strive to describe everything accurately, pack things well, and communicate as much as possible with buyers but someone wasn't happy enough with one of my transactions so my feedback is blemished. I will try to make the transaction as smooth as possible.

Some Q macros

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Damaged

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge
Nevada

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
No Returns

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by littledrawe; 11-29-2014 at 02:07 AM.
11-27-2014, 06:28 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 39 (98%)
Original Poster
Bump for someone who wants a camera to tinker with...
11-27-2014, 08:27 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 20 (100%)
I wonder if it would be useful for firmware hacking...? If so maybe it would be an inexpensive way to get Shodan to hack the K-5 II? (I think he's only worked on the K-30 so far.)
11-27-2014, 09:12 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
If it's of interest to Shodan, I'll cough up some dollars towards the purchase.

11-28-2014, 09:50 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 44 (100%)
What hacks has he done, interested in learning more.

Last edited by UncleVanya; 11-29-2014 at 07:12 AM.
11-29-2014, 02:01 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 39 (98%)
Original Poster
More photos added...