PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Sony RX100 Mark II large-sensor compact camera w/ 90-day warranty

Asking Price
350.00 USD

Item Location
Indianapolis, Indiana (United States)

Item Description
I am selling my Sony RX100 Mark II to help finance the purchase of the new Panasonic LX100 so I can play with 4K video ($900...ouch!).

The camera is in good condition and works perfectly, but it does have a crack across the rear screen from when it fell once and landed on its corner. The screen still works fine, and the crack is often not noticeable, depending on the viewing angle. When the screen is on, it's usually hard to even see the crack, so it's pretty much just a cosmetic issue.

The only reason I am selling it is because I want the 4K video that the LX100 offers. But the RX100 is a great camera, and does a fantastic job with its 1080p video, which is mostly what I used it for. I took relatively few pictures with it, using it mostly as a small camcorder, but when I did take pictures I was always pleasantly surprised with how capable it is as a camera. That 1" Sony sensor is no joke!

The camera was purchased brand-new from Best Buy for $767.08 on February 26, 2014, so it is still under the original 1-year warranty until 2-26-15, which is 94 days as of right now. The camera will come in the original box with all the original accessories and paperwork, including the warranty card and a copy of the purchase receipt, so there would be no trouble getting warranty service.

Scroll down for more pictures of the camera, as well as sample images.

I'm asking only $350, and please keep in mind that this camera is still selling new for $650.

I can accept PayPal, but QuickPay from Chase bank would be more welcome, since it has no fees. If you've never used it, you should try it out, and stick it to the PayPal/eBay monopoly:

Chase QuickPay (no fees to send/receive, can sign up using any bank account)
https://www.chase.com/index.jsp?pg_name=ccpmapp/individuals/shared/page/quickpay_faqs

Additional Images

Sample Images
The following images were all shot in RAW, and processed to taste. Click on any of the images to view a larger size.

This first picture of Gollum was shot at ISO 160 in my home studio using a flash strobe. I cropped out some of the dead space, but I did not down-size it, so if you click on the full-size image you can pixel-peep the output at 100%.

For this second Gollum picture, I just used the 60W modeling lamp from the strobe, and did not fire the flash and upped the ISO to 1600. I then downsized the full size image to 2160 vertical lines of resolution, so it will display at 100% on a 4K television. No noise reduction was applied.

The next series of pictures in the park were all shot at ISO 800, I believe wide open. Click for larger versions.

And this last picture of the baby was shot at ISO 1600 indoors at night with the light coming from a table lamp. The image has been down-sized to 1800x1200, and you would never know it was shot at ISO 1600.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
Free Shipping in US, Ask for International

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Other (Elaborate)

Return Policy & Additional Details
I have 100% perfect feedback, but so contact me if there are any problems, and I'll get it taken care of!

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by Edgar_in_Indy; 11-28-2014 at 11:14 AM.
11-27-2014, 11:09 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 13 (100%)
Original Poster
Price reduced to $350
11-28-2014, 05:45 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
pm sent
11-28-2014, 11:13 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
As requested, here are a couple shots of the screen when it is turned on. As you can see, the crack is nearly invisible when looking at the screen straight on. It's more visible when looking at the screen from the sides. But in practice, you normally look at the screen almost straight on, so it's easy to forget the crack is even there.

11-28-2014, 01:09 PM   #5
Site Supporter

pm replied to
11-30-2014, 02:34 PM   #6
Site Supporter

pm sent with payment.
11-30-2014, 04:28 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Camera has been sold. Sorry to all of you who missed out!