PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax K 28mm f2 Lens

Asking Price
610.00 USD

Item Location
Los Angeles, California (United States)

Item Description
For sale is my Pentax 28mm f2 unique lens. I think this is the best lens ever made by Pentax. It was the result of a partnership Zeiss/Pentax. Please check my review of the lens on this forum. I have also posted sample photos taken with it. The lens is in excellent condition, the glass is clean, no oil, fungus, and it take wonderful photos. It may have some minor dust inside. It may have, at least I think it may be a micromilimmetric little needle point type on the coating? I have to disclose, but it is very hard for me to see it. I guess it would be for anyone. Except an unaware buyer. The outside is just fine. I include a non original screw flower hood very useful for this lens.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge
Included

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Details are explained in the description and photos. Items are working perfectly. They are shipped packed carefully to ensure they will arrive in the same condition (I can pack really well, even if shipping goes up). That is why I offer no return. If for any reason the item is dead on arrival, then, I will accept the return. In the remote case this happen, I will reimburse the amount paid after the item is returned. Please review the photos, some items are well used, but never abused. I kept them well and have good feedback here and elsewhere. If you have questions, please PM me and ask them. Thanks for your consideration.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 

Last edited by Pepe Guitarra; 11-30-2014 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Adding photo
11-30-2014, 07:54 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 28 (100%)
Wow!! The Holy Grail of Pentax lenses! Looks like a wonderful specimen, but unfortunately out of my reach. Good luck with the sale!!

Last edited by ripper2860; 11-30-2014 at 09:46 PM.
11-30-2014, 09:44 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 8 (100%)
The question begs, why are you selling such a fine lens? (I note you sold its 28mm brother too)

My copy will never leave my hands (unless perhaps I fell on serious financial time and I had to feed the family). I hope this is not your predicament.

Perhaps you have two
11-30-2014, 10:11 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 28 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by Wild Mark Quote
The question begs, why are you selling such a fine lens? (I note you sold its 28mm brother too)

My copy will never leave my hands (unless perhaps I fell on serious financial time and I had to feed the family). I hope this is not your predicament.

Perhaps you have two
From another sale item by Pepe...

"I have a K-3, and my other camera is a Leica M9, which I recently purchased. I need to sell several Pentax lenses or gear to buy just one Leica lens. That is why I am selling these precious equipment."

Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/24-photographic-equipment-sale/280834-sal...#ixzz3KcUhcHys

11-30-2014, 10:26 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 26 (100%)
Original Poster
Financial needs

I have tried to collect the best lenses I could. I can say, I have used all the ones I have wanted. I even moved to FF Canon and got some of their best lenses, but honestly, I do not think that I can live without Pentax. I usually collected two of a kind, and I have enough Takumars to have fun. OTOH, I met Leica, and once you meet Leica lens, you are a Leica addict. Leica lenses are very expensive (good too!). So, I decide to sell the best lenses because I need to buy ONE Leica lens, and the sale will help solve part of the problem. That, and car payments too.

---------- Post added 11-30-14 at 11:28 PM ----------

Perhaps you have two
I will be selling all three models of the Super Takumar 28mm f3.5 soon. As a group.
and my Sears collection, about 18 lenses.
11-30-2014, 10:30 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
I have 3 - 28mm lenses. Contax Zeiss 28/f2.8, a Leica 28/f2.8, and a K 28/f3.5 shift. I would sorely love to acquire this. Then, my problem of what 28 to use would be even worse. I have been trying to get off my butt and put the Leica up for sale to make the problem go away - I like the Zeiss character a bit better - personal preference. Then you have to go and make this gem available. To make things worse, I have the Zeiss 25/f2.8 ZK, and the 31Ltd.

I must resist. I must resist. I must resist. I must resist.

I am going to blame this on my wife. I have already spent a tidy sum this past week on a 60--250 and the 1.4xTC.

This hurts......
11-30-2014, 10:34 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I know the feeling. I would not mind keeping it if it does not sell in three days.
11-30-2014, 11:27 PM   #8
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 8 (100%)
Self imposed financial stress from LBA (leica) - oh dear no wonder you need to sell this baby. You need a few of these to make enough to buy one Leica.

@ interested observer. Sell the shift lens (I only say this as I have heard that it is more a collectors piece rather than a prize lens). In having both I believe the K28/2 gives better IQ than the FA31 but both are excellent and both are worthy having in the lens bag at any one time. The FA31 is great for candid shots whereas the K28/2 (being manual) forces a slower pace.

11-30-2014, 11:49 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Had you posted this before Saturday, I would have this than the DA55

Good luck!
11-30-2014, 11:57 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
.... @ interested observer. Sell the shift lens (I only say this as I have heard that it is more a collectors piece rather than a prize lens). In having both I believe the K28/2 gives better IQ than the FA31 but both are excellent and both are worthy having in the lens bag at any one time. The FA31 is great for candid shots whereas the K28/2 (being manual) forces a slower pace.
I'm not keeping the shift as a collectors piece. I use the shift lens for something a bit different. I want to use the perspective correction to shift down in to canyons - as in the Grand Canyon, Canyon de Chelle, etc. You can tip down with a ballhead or panorama head. So, rather than tipping, I've wanted to try shifting. I was last up at the Grand Canyon last year. I burned through 3 batteries in about 50 frames. I used the extended warranty and found that the mirror motor going out on my K5. I was cut short with it as I was loosing the sun when I shifted over to my K100. I've found that you really need to stop down to f11 or so on the lens for the best results. I've also found that you really need to have a reasonable idea as to where the stitches are going to be.

I am giving up my long MF lenses as I am just not focusing as well as I use to. So, going to AF. MF is much easier with the wider lenses, but there are only so many keep and use. I am also trying to make life a bit simpler - so keeping the lenses that I tend to use the most. Yes, the K28/2 is probably better, however the 31 is AF. I also have the other wide MF lenses. Trying to thin the WAs...

12-01-2014, 06:09 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 17 (100%)
PM sent.
12-01-2014, 09:22 AM   #12
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 11 (100%)
Bump for a fine lens. I was extremely lucky to acquire one.
12-01-2014, 09:42 AM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter

I don't think any bumping is required; looks like I'm 5th in line.
12-01-2014, 09:45 AM   #14
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by baro-nite Quote
I don't think any bumping is required; looks like I'm 5th in line.
Check your email. I have about 15. I am going in order based on location (U.S.) Sorry for those abroad, but that was the condition.
12-01-2014, 10:31 AM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter

Payment sent! I've wanted to try this lens for about three years now. Looks like Christmas comes early this year!