Item Location
Minnesota (United States)

Item Description
Manual focus / constant aperture / all metal construction
Totally smooth focus & zoom matching vintage m-series Pentax from the era
Excellent resolution corner-to-corner at 100-200mm
Good resolution at 300mm / slightly reduced contrast
Near-perfect mechanical & cosmetic condition
Minor dust, imperfections on inner lens surfaces (image quality not compromised)
Original owner / Lens Made in Japan
See output photos: Tokina 100-300 RMC f/5.6 manual focus lens - James Robins - Powered by Phanfare

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge
USPS priority mail - free

Shipping Services
USPS / UPS / FedEx

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
10 day return allowed if item found to be not as described.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 
12-13-2014, 03:31 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 14 (100%)
I bought one of these as a placeholder until...but it's tough to upgrade, because for the price, it's quite good. The constant aperture is nice and the build and handling is so much better than modern lenses. If you look at my posts in the photos forums, the baseball games were all taken with this lens at 300mm and many at 5.6, because with the roof closed at Safeco Field, there's not that much usable light,

Surprisingly good lens for someone who wants a bargain at this focal length. I may still upgrade at some point, but it's going to cost a fair bit of money to replace it with something truly better.
12-14-2014, 03:46 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
Original Poster
I upgraded because I wanted something a bit faster. I have the manual focus Tokina AT-X 100-300 f/4. It is huge, probably weighs 3x this lens. I did the comparison shots of the skyline with the two lenses. Not much resolution difference, but the f/4 does have better contrast and virtually no fringing of any kind (the f/5.6 has just a bit of CA - but not much). Of course, it is pretty easy to bump up contrast. This is one of the few lenses I own that I would rate better on digital than used on film because slightly low contrast is the only issue.

As you can see, if you take a look at the skyline images I posted in the link above, the lens is a good performer - very good if you take into account its vintage. I tend to rate lenses conservatively...

Last edited by ScooterMaxi Jim; 12-20-2014 at 01:42 PM.
12-28-2014, 11:23 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
Original Poster
Sale is pending.