Item for Sale
Vivitar/Komine 55mm f/2.8 macro 1:1 PK mount -- $75 shipped to USA or Canada

Asking Price
75.00 USD

Item Location
Savannah, GA (United States)

Item Description
Vivitar 55mm f/2.8 macro in PK mount.

All-manual lens (no 'A' setting), so you'd use M mode on your camera with so-called green-button metering. While many older macro lenses required extra tubes or adapters to get all the way to 1:1 life-size ratio, this one allows continuous focusing from infinity to 1:1.

It's a very nice performer, it's always been a bit of mystery to me why this model doesn't go for more -- I think this is a steal but that is where the market is at so your gain. It is extremely similar in design to the old Tomioka 60/2.8 macro (which came under several names and still sells for as much as $300). Probably because the Tomioka is a Tomioka, a maker that has gained a cult reputation, and also because that other lens comes in m42 and has a preset mechanism which is preferred by some. And while the Tomioka is indeed a brilliant lens, I think this Komine-made Vivitar is every bit as good optically, possibly better as the coatings are better on the Vivitar. It is also very well-made, metal and glass, typical of the other high-quality lenses Vivitar was having made at the time from Komine, Kino, & Tokina.

User reviews:

Vivitar (komine) 55mm f2.8 (f3 - early version); 1:1 macro Lens Reviews - Vivitar Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database

Cosmetically, looks great, extremely minor wear. Glass great, no issues, and aperture is clean and snappy. Focus is smooth and uniform throughout the whole range, although maybe a tad dry -- it is completely smooth, but somewhat audible as you turn the ring.

Comes with caps as shown.

$75 (includes shipping!) to USA or Canada. Payment is to be via PayPal, and shipped to your verified address.

If interested, send me a PM.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
North America

Shipping Charge
free to US or Canada

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Will accept return if not as described. Please let me know of any problems within 3 days of delivery.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images

Last edited by vonBaloney; 12-30-2014 at 05:40 PM.
12-30-2014, 06:27 PM   #2

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
Sent you a PM
Thanks!
12-30-2014, 06:49 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 63 (100%)
Original Poster
Sold!