Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-18-2015, 09:27 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 104 (98%)
The Frugal Photographer's Mini-Bigma: Tokina AT-X 50-250mm with 1:1.4 MACRO!

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
The Frugal Photographer's Mini-Bigma: Tokina AT-X 50-250mm with 1:1.4 MACRO!

Asking Price
89.00 USD

Item Location
Kearney, Nebraska (United States)

Item Description
Looking for an inexpensive way to add some focal length to your lens arsenal, but don't yet have the Big Bucks for today's lenses? Here is your answer (and you may decide NEVER to upgrade to that more expensive glass).

Tokina has a great reputation among Pentaxians, and with good reason. Their AT-X designation was reserved for their Top Of The Line lenses.

Never heard of this lens? Check out the images it produces on modern DSLRs. WOW! A reviewer in Pentax Forum lens reviews for this lens says (after experiencing THIS LENS):
QuoteQuote:
I'm keeping my eye out for more Tokina AT-X lenses)
I call this the "Frugal Photographer's BIGMA". A Bigma is a Sigma EX 50-500mm f4.5-6.3. A Bigma will set you back $800 (or a lot more). This will give you the FOV equiv of a 75-375mm f4-5.6 on an APS-C sensor (all current Pentax DSLRs). What a range!. In addition it has a Macro mode that reaches 1:1.4 !!! <b>EVEN the Bigma can't do that</b>. Most Pentax macros will only give you 1:2. I don't know of another lens that gives you MORE "bang for the buck". This lens is as easy to use as any Pentax-M lens on a Pentax DSLR. Another amazing thing about this lens is that from minimum focus to maximum focus, the lens only "grows" by about 1/4". This lens is perhaps the "best kept secret" in superb PK Mount lenses.

Are you infamiliar with how to use a PK lens on your Pentax DSLR?

Then check out this video. (The method is similar on other Pentax DSLR models)

more info: http://support.us.ricoh-imaging.com/node/652]Using Older Lenses with PENTAX ...maging Support

Keep in mind that this lens covers a full 35mm frame, so will probably be worth even more if the expected Pentax FF camera is introduced, as anticipated, in 2015. You won't find this lens any cheaper once that happens! If you can find a better way to spend well under $100 for great optics for your Pentax DSLR, please let me know. Even if you decide to upgrade to an autofocus lens in the future, this lens is a great investment because you will always be able to flip this quality lens.

Condition: This lens is VIRTUALLY INDISTINGUISABLE FROM NEW and includes the original Tokina soft pouch that has kept it this way. Includes original front Tokina cap and a replacement rear cap. This lens is cosmetically, optically and mechanically flawless.

$89 SHIPPED to the Continental U.S. Will ship worldwide and will deduct $10 off of the actual shipping price to your address.

This is my last available copy!

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Like New

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
Free Shipping to Continental U.S.

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
7 day return policy. You must be 100% happy that the lens fits the description or your selling price (but not shipping) is refunded upon return in original condition. Seller pays return shipping.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

---------- Post added 01-19-15 at 01:51 PM ----------

SOLD to the gentleman in Maryland!