Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-18-2015, 09:52 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 104 (98%)
Pentax-M 135mm f/3.5 Like NEW.

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
A lens every Pentaxian should have. (See why.) Pentax-M 135mm f/3.5 Like NEW.

Asking Price
45.00 USD

Item Location
Kearney, Nebraska (United States)

Item Description
Assuming you don't already have this lens, you should not need a lot of convincing to purchase a genuine Pentax prime lens for $45 (Especially in this nice a condition). But if you don't already know the charms of this particular lens...

First: Image Quality. People think that faster lenses are better, but lenses that are a bit slower will often perform better in many ways. This lens is no exception. Yes you can find 135mm f2.8 lenses, but they are mostly pedestrian in their performance compared to this lens. Here is a metric buttload of examples of the image quality from the Pentax-M 135mm f3.5 from Flickriver. Still need convincing? Here is another metric buttload of images taken with the Pentax-M 135mm f3.5 that were accepted into the Pentax Photo Gallery.

Second: It's size and weight. Pentax-M lenses are significantly lighter than the preceding SMC K lenses. It is also shorter and lighter than the Pentax-A f/2.8 that came later. If weight of your kit is important to you, but you want top image quality, this is the lens you want on your camera or in your bag. Takes 49mm filters.

Third, It costs next to nothing! You just would not expect this kind of image quality for under $50. This is called a "no-brainer".

BONUS REASON? It's got one of those handy built-in hoods. You think I'm joking? Other hoods take up space in the camera bag. You have to fiddle with getting them on/off. Heck, I just have trouble finding the right one that I need. I can't tell you how many time's I've had to purchase another lens hood off eBay. Can't lose this one! It's there at all times and retracts for when you don't want/need it.

Are you infamiliar with how to use a PK lens on your Pentax DSLR?<br /> <br />
Then check out this video. (The method is similar on other Pentax DSLR models)
Using Old Pentax Lenses on Newer Pentax Cameras: K-30, K-5II, K-5IIs - YouTube

More info: Using Older Lenses with PENTAX DSLRs | Ricoh Imaging Support

I have two copies of this lens that are Like New in all respects. The ONLY apology is slight wear on the original front lens cap! The only difference between them is that one still has the bright PASSED sticker affixed. First buyer gets their choice. NOTE: One with PASSED sticker is SOLD. One beauty left!

$45 plus actual shipping to your destination. It is a light lens, so will not be MUCH. I normally use Priority Mail which will be to you in 1-3 days in the Continental U.S. Will be happy to ship worldwide for actual shipping amount.

Images coming shortly or by request. These will probably not be around long, so don't spend too much time looking at those great image examples linked above.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Like New

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
actual

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
7 day return notice. Selling price (but not shipping) refunded if not 100% happy that the lens met my description. Buyer pays return shipping.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by cheekygeek; 01-19-2015 at 10:41 AM.
01-18-2015, 03:49 PM   #2

Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
PM'd for pics.

thanks
01-19-2015, 10:41 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
skrewloose snagged the first one. ONE LEFT. Pics coming.
01-19-2015, 01:42 PM   #4

Feedback Score: 7 (100%)
PM sent

01-19-2015, 02:53 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Last one SOLD to the member from Oregon.