PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax K-5 SILVER Special Edition DSLR Camera & Lens Kit + BONUS Battery Grip

Asking Price
599.00 USD

Item Location
Ontario (Canada)

Item Description
For sale is a well-maintained Pentax K-5 SILVER Special Edition DSLR Camera w/ smc DA XS f/2.8 40mm Lens as well as a Battery Grip. There were only 1500 of these kits produced to you will not see them available often. Please look at the photos to see for yourself the condition of the camera and lens. I think you will agree that the silver version really stands out and shows off the camera well!

I am the first and only owner of the camera and lens. I purchased it from a reputable dealer in Japan and had it shipped directly to me from there. To the best of my knowledge neither Pentax USA or Pentax Canada imported these cameras themselves. Thus, my need to buy it from Japan directly.

The lens has no scratches or dust on the glass itself. The lens looks like a new lens as it was seldom used.

The camera is fully operational and functions just as it is supposed to. There are LESS THAN 12K shutter actuations on this camera, so it has plenty of life still in it. The shutter is rated for 100K life, so less than 12% has been utilized.

It is beautiful cosmetically but has two slight silver paint rubs at the two top corners. I have touched them up with silver but I do want to mention them as I know neither you nor I want any unpleasant surprises at the end. In one of the photos you should be able to see the spots.

When not in use the camera and lens have been kept in a smoke-free home.

The camera and lens comes packaged just like it is new with it's original box and includes all of the following items:

ME viewfinder cap;
USB cable 1-USB7;
Pentax strap O-ST53;
hot shoe cover (on camera);
eye cup (on camera);
sync socket cap (on camera);
body mount cover (on camera);
Pentax battery;
Pentax battery charger;
AC plug cord.

As I bought the camera from Japan it did not come with an English paper manual included. However, I have included a CD that includes the original operating manual PLUS Yvon Bourque’s e-book entitled Pentax K-5, K-5 II K-5 IIs - Everything you need to know… and then some. This is a great book that explains the workings of the camera in much more detail than the original manual does.

I am also adding in a BONUS! a third-party battery grip which replicates the Pentax BG-4 hand grip. It has controls so that when you are taking portrait style photos you can use the controls on the grip instead of twisting your hand as you would do if the grip were not present. The grip holds an additional battery which operates through the camera for double the battery life. It also will hold a spare SD card (neither the extra battery or an SD card are included). By the way, the grip also fits the Pentax K-7 as both cameras have the same footprint and battery grip.

I ship the item fully insured and with tracking which will require a signature to receive it. One note about shipping: insurance from Canada Post is quite expensive. At $2.20 per $100.00 of value, the cost of insuring the package quickly increases the shipping cost. Expensive but worthwhile considering the value of this package.

I will accept Paypal or Interac as payment.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
North America

Shipping Charge

Shipping Services
Canada Post - USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Other (Elaborate)

Return Policy & Additional Details
Returns will be allowed up to 7 days after receipt but only if there is a material mis-statement of facts in this listing. Please contact me prior to returning the package. If there is an issue we will work it out. Any returns are at the buyer's expense, and should be returned with tracking and signature just as it was shipped to the buyer.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 

Last edited by Maplebuddy; 02-20-2015 at 06:29 AM. Reason: additional and corrected information.
02-20-2015, 06:31 AM   #2
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
Original Poster
Updated information with the shutter count data.