PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Zeiss Distagon T* 2,8/25 ZK

Asking Price
600.00 EUR

Item Location
Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Item Description
For sale a Zeiss Distagon 25mm 2.8 in Pentax mount. The lens has an A setting, so it is possible to set the aperture on the camera and use programs.

The lens is in very good condition in all respects. Very very lightly used (at worst). Beautiful built, aperture ring and focus are a joy to use, just installing the lens shade feels great . Not only is this enjoyable, but also very effective as the manual focus is much more precise then with a autofocus lens.

Comes with both caps and shade, no box nor paperwork. And I will blow of some of the dust seen on the pictures :-)

Optically this lens is very nice. Very all round. It is an excellent landscape lens with sharpness across the frame into the far corners at 'normal' distances (i.e. further then the test bench setups which are ±1,5 meter). Distortion is present, but minor. The colors are very neutral (as compared to the warmish cast of many Pentax lenses) and bokeh is also very neutral (again compared to for instance the FA*24mm I compared against, which has a busy bokeh). Most importantly CA (purple and green discolorations along high contrast borders) is very well controlled (compared again to my FA*24).

A real feature is the incredibly close focus, getting very near the macro realm. Below is a picture of the DA15mm ltd as a reference, a sloppy shot taken with the K5 @2.8. In close focus distance the lens has field curvature and the corner sharpness tends to be weaker. This is what is recorded in internet tests. As can be seen in the samples, close up scenes rarely need sharp corners. For reproduction work a macro lens is the best choice. The focus field flattens with distance.

At all distances the rendering is very detailled, with the so-called micro-contrast. It gives a senses of depth and 'being there'. It is a shame that it is hard to convey this at web size.

I used this lens on full frame, but it works just as well on the Pentax APS-C cameras. The resulting ±37mm is perfect for a walk around lens. And it looks stunning on a K5 :-)

Price is 600 euro net to me. So any shipment- or payment charges are to the buyer.

almost macro (full frame):

DA15 @ minimum focus distance @ 2.8 hand held on a K5

some impression of distortion and corner sharpness (full frame):

hard pushed file (full frame):

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
not included, depending on your location

Shipping Services
PostNL, which is the main Dutch postal company

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Check/Money Order

Return Policy & Additional Details
No returns unless not as described. Buyer pays return.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by schneider; 02-04-2015 at 08:28 AM. Reason: typo
02-04-2015, 08:47 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
succes met de verkoop Hans, mijn prioriteiten liggen nu even anders. Waarom niet te koop op het huisforum?
02-05-2015, 04:06 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
Original Poster
Bedankt Franc. Ik had hem al eens op Marktplaats gezet, aannemende dat de meesten van de forumleden dat ook wel zien. Daar kwam echter weinig uit, behalve een paar nep-bieders.