Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-07-2015, 05:47 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 31 (100%)
Chinon or Revuenon 45mm Lens

I am looking for either a Chinon or Revuenon 45mm F2.8 lens. Would like the lens to be in decent shape and the glass to be haze/scratch and fungus free. I'm in somewhat of a manual pancake lens phase at the moment and looking to compare one of these with my Pentax M40.

02-10-2015, 02:14 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 70 (100%)
I've got one with the aperture lever chopped off. Like many Chinon lenses, it had a problem with oily sluggish blades. (In fact all of the 2 or 3 copies I've seen of this lens had sticky blades, as have many of the other Chinons from the era that have passed through my hands.) The usual easy solutions didn't work (e.g. lighter fluid), blades kept being sluggish so auto aperture wasn't working (fast enough) but stop down was so I just chopped the lever off. (dcshooter could probably fix it properly, but it is beyond me, and a repair would cost more than the lens). Figured I wasn't going to be selling it anyway. Moral of the story is watch out for oily blades with Chinons.

But to the question, quality is about the same as the Pentax-M 40mm, it seems to be almost identical in design. It is not the sharpest lens in the world, but it is one of the slimmer ones.
02-11-2015, 08:49 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 63 (100%)
Agree to vobBaloney's statement about Chinon's pancake. I have one of this lens with exactly the same aperture blade issue.

I sold my DA40 XS, so these are what I have right now. Are they enough for a breakfast? Sorry, they are not for sale.

02-11-2015, 09:06 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
I have the Chinon pancake lens and is my top favorite from my collection to be honest. I have 2 other Chinon lenses without issues.

Sorry, not for sale, just wanted to support the fact that this little thing is a great performer and if you can find it, personally I strongly recommend it.

02-14-2015, 07:00 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 31 (100%)
Original Poster
MrNewt I like the Russian rangefinder viewfinder on your K-01. Years ago a friend of my lent me his Leica rangefinder that hand one of those on top. I'd forgotten all about that and It never dawned on me to try to get one for my K-01.
03-04-2015, 09:13 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 35 (100%)
PM sent, J
03-04-2015, 01:36 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 10 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
Like many Chinon lenses, it had a problem with oily sluggish blades. (In fact all of the 2 or 3 copies I've seen of this lens had sticky blades, as have many of the other Chinons from the era that have passed through my hands.) The usual easy solutions didn't work (e.g. lighter fluid), blades kept being sluggish so auto aperture wasn't working (fast enough) but stop down was
My Chinon 200mm f/2.8 had the same problem.