Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-25-2015, 04:46 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 70 (100%)
Tamron-F 1.4x Pz-AF MC4 teleconverter (SDM/HSM capable)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Tamron-F 1.4x Pz-AF MC4 teleconverter (SDM/HSM capable)

Asking Price
140.00 USD

Item Location
Savannah, GA (United States)

Item Description
Well-regarded Tamron 1.4x teleconverter with auto-focus pass-through. SDM/HSM lenses will autofocus lenses thanks to its "pz" contacts (originally power zoom). Screw-drive AF lenses also work fine.

Now, you do lose a stop or so of light, so be aware when claiming that the AF "works", that just means it is technically possible -- once you get slower than 5.6-6.3ish effective aperture, some Pentax models will have trouble locking on focus and will hunt/fail focus. So if you put it on a slow lens, no promises the AF will actually be useful. Possibly the K5II & K3 are better with this, as well as any future models, but I'm still using a lowly K-5. (In bright light you shouldn't have much trouble even with a f/5.6 lens.)

Also be aware that with screw-drive lenses, if you choose to manual focus them (setting the body on MF) and your lens itself has no AF-MF clutch, then there is no easy way to disengage the screw-drive between the TC and the lens so you will feel extra resistance from the gears in the TC, so do so at your own risk (and focus slowly and carefully so as not to force it too much). You could put a piece of tape over the screw between lens and TC to block engagement if you were using it with a lens you only manual focus.

The contacts pass the aperture info straight-through without adjustment, so if you put it on a 2.8 lens it will read 2.8 max aperture on the body. (Some other TC models, like the Pentax ones, will adjust for effective aperture and read a stop slower.) On AF lenses that report focal length, it will also pass that through unaltered, which means that your shake reduction focal length setting will be set too low. One of these days maybe they'll make a body where we can override the reported focal length. (I hear the new Pentax teleconverter actually does adjust for this, but only with Pentax lenses.)

Excellent condition, glass is flawless and everything works as it should. Nearly like new. I am missing the pouch, sorry. Comes with original Tamron front/body cap and generic rear cap.

Link to reviews here on PF:

Tamron-F 1.4X Pz-AF MC4 Lens Reviews - Miscellaneous Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database

Asking $140 USD + $12 shipping to U.S. destinations, paid via PayPal (I pay fees). USA buyer somewhat preferred, but if you have forum track record I will consider international shipping, which will be some amount extra depending on where it is going. (For Canada $15-$25 depending on option, overseas higher.)

PM if interested!

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
12 for USA

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Let me know of any problems within 7 days of delivery and I'll fix it or accept return.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images

Last edited by vonBaloney; 02-26-2015 at 07:22 AM.
02-26-2015, 01:19 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 46 (100%)
pm sent
02-26-2015, 07:42 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 70 (100%)
Original Poster
sale pending