PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax DA* 16-50 F/2.8 Screw Drive

Asking Price
325.00 USD

Item Location
Nebraska (United States)

Item Description
Pentax DA* 16-50 Screw Drive - I bought this a few weeks ago off the forum. I am selling it because I bought a 16-50 from another person at the same time to see which one I liked better. The other one still had the SDM working so I went with it.

Glass is clean on it, the exterior is clean also. The hood has been super glued to fix a break at two of the thin points. However, the lens has never had impact or been dropped! So overall if the SDM worked it would be in excellent condition. However it is in "fair" condition because of the screw drive hack and the other issue.

The seller sold it as not being able to manual focus. When I received it, I realized this wasn't the case, but it needed just a hint of tension pulling back on the focus ring to get it to manually focus. My guess is that the issue has to do with a part of the SDM being there. However, it manually focuses, but not terribly smoothly. I was able to take pictures of my girls outside at 2.8 manually focusing so it certainly works fine.

I have described this the best I can. It really is a good deal considering how much these things cost. I wanted a weather sealed zoom at a great price and I got it. This can be yours if that is what you are looking for. It comes with box, hood, caps, and obviously the lens itself. Totally a great price at

$325 Shipped in the US.
International with good feedback PM me for shipping price.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Fair

Shipping Destinations
Other (See Listing)

Shipping Charge
Included in US

Shipping Services
USPS Priority

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Return within 7 days of receipt if not as described.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
03-09-2015, 06:28 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 68 (100%)
Original Poster
Hood picture

Uploaded picture of the repaired crack on the hood. Left side, the larger one is easier to see on the top and the bottom one is where the slider piece connects to the main part of the hood (the thin strip at the left corner). It does come with the other piece that completes the hood (the filter detachment piece).

This was repaired by the previous owned via glue, but I used the slow dry gel superglue and it made a significantly better bond.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo