PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax K-5 (Body + Accessories)

Asking Price
325.00 USD

Item Location
Rolla, MO (United States)

Item Description
Pentax K-5 (body with accessories) in excellent functional and good cosmetic condition. Includes white body mount cover, original box, battery, charger + power cord, A/V cable, strap, printed manual, and copy of the latest Pentax Digital Camera Utility and PDF of manual on CD. $325 (US) - Price includes PayPal fees and shipping to the Continental U.S.

I fully tested the body with M42, manual K-mount, KA-mount, KAF-mount, and KAF2-mount lenses. All functions work perfectly, and auto-focus appears accurate. I also updated the body to the latest K-5 firmware (1.16). I checked the sensor for hot pixels, dead pixels, and sensor stains, and found it to be in excellent condition with no defects (see pictures as documentation of the tests). I found some dust on the sensor, and cleaned it with a squeeze blower, so now it is clean (see pictures of before & after). All settings on the mode dial work perfectly, and all buttons and dials work as new with no sign of looseness nor problems. I tested the flash mount with an external flash, and it works perfectly, as does the pop-up flash.

The body has a few wear marks on the bottom (nothing serious), and a couple of tiny, non-intrusive scratches on the back display surface (see pictures for details). The top LCD display is clear with no scratches.

The date of manufacture is 12/10/2010, and the shutter count is about 19,700. This body has LOTS of good life left in it.

The reason I'm selling the K-5 is that I originally bought one, but it got lost in shipment, so while awaiting resolution of the lost shipment, I bought a second one from another source. After buying the second one, the first one was found, so now I have two. My Budget Director (wife) tells me I can not keep both... -- so I must sell one of them and YOU win!

I bought the K-5 to upgrade from my trusty old K100D Super (which I will keep as a backup), and the K-5 is a WONDERFUL upgrade! I took some portraits today, and it was such a joy to use, and the output was easier to post-process. The K-5 features that immediately impress me are: 1) It's very close to the same size & shape as the K100D Super, so feels comfortable & familiar in my hand; 2) Extremely quiet shutter; 3) Incredibly low-noise output at all ISOs, especially at high ISOs; 4) Noticeably improved dynamic range.

At the price I'm asking, you too can afford to enjoy a nice upgrade!

-Joe-

=====

Camera front

Camera back

Camera top

Camera bottom

LCD screen

Looking through the viewfinder

Battery

Accessories

Box

Manual

Hot pixel test (Note: This was a GROSS high-ISO under exposure, then pushed about +4 stops with no noise reduction in post-processing to reveal any hot pixels. I see nothing noticeable here!)

Sensor dirt before I cleaned it (Notice the dust particle in the upper-left corner. Also, this is an f16 photo of my door with flash illumination, and these photos reveal that my door has dirt on it that needs to be cleaned - Ha!)

Sensor after cleaning with squeeze blower (any "spots" you see in this image are dirt on my door, not on the sensor!)

Test image @ ISO80

Test image @ ISO2000

Test image @ ISO2000

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent/Good

Shipping Destinations
Continental U.S. Only

Shipping Charge
Included

Shipping Services
US Postal Service

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
No returns.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by k0og; 03-16-2015 at 09:32 AM.
03-17-2015, 06:46 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 13 (100%)
Original Poster
Bump it up... Looking for a buyer!
03-19-2015, 07:32 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Bump... it... up...

Your K-5 is calling you!
03-19-2015, 08:10 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 38 (100%)
You have lots of pics and info! I've yet to take a decent pic of the inside of my viewfinder. You seem to have it down. Good luck with the sale.

03-20-2015, 05:20 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Original Poster
The viewfinder photo took a little practice. I used a Pentax-M 35mm f2.8 lens stopped down a bit and mashed it right up against the eyecup and focused it. If I had it centered properly, I could get the complete view. After a few shots I finally got it.

-Joe-

QuoteOriginally posted by geomez Quote
You have lots of pics and info! I've yet to take a decent pic of the inside of my viewfinder. You seem to have it down. Good luck with the sale.